Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker
Re: Hi, I was directed here from Reddit with some questions since I'm Canadian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post

"I still don't have answers to whether I could buy a junker Starscream G1 original and use his smaller (not ridiculously long) missiles with the reissue version. Unless there is a version of the reissue that I can get in Canada that doesn't have the long missiles because of the USA's laws. I hear it's an American thing.
Canada always got the same long missiles/guns all the US versions did. Later series went back to the original length missiles.

Quote:
2nd, I still haven't gotten any reply about if the current issued Walmart Constructicon Set still has the error where there is no slot to put the chest piece for Devastator. Apparently if you bought the dump truck separately they must have used a different mold and it DID have the needed slot. I don't know if the current release fixes this issue.
From tfwiki "There are two variations of Long Haul: one with a slotted chest (a hold-over from the first Diaclone variant where the Super Wing chestplate connected to the Dump Truck instead of the Truck Crane), and one without."

The Super Wing attaches to Hook's tailpipe rather than into the slot in Long Haul and it was removed from later versions after the 80s. The wing still has the tab but it's about 1/8" away from where the slot would be. I couldn't find why it is so far back.

It's been only connected to Hook for all the NA releases.

http://toys.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...1206823130.jpg

Quote:
4th, there was already a Megatron release that took after the grey cartoon look with damage and face attachments from the movie. I often see them for $300+ (ouch) I've seen images of a new chrome finish Megatron that is supposed to be coming out soon. It actually looks really sharp.

B) Will it have that orange plug that the US makes them put in some of the figures and if yes, can it be removed without damaging the figure? I'm not sure if Canada has a similar rule or not.
The plug isn't glued in from a lot of the US retailers so it can be removed but they DO have to open the box to install it so no MISB from them if that's what you're keen on.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.