Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #12
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: The Transformers G1 Toys Appreciation and Discussion Thread.

I grew up with Diaclone and G1 so the originals have a special place in my collections. I don't have a lot compare to some of you here (only the ones that I like) but they certainly are the most valuable items in my mind. I also have some reissues, mostly from the Japanese Collector's book-style and the Encore series. I don't think I will ever sell them, even if I quit collecting some days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Has anyone picked up the recent reissues?

Bumblebee, Swerve, Tailgate, Outback, Starscream, Devastator, Hot Rod?

If so, have you opened them, and can you provide any thoughts on the quality? Comparision with original G1s and/or previous reissues?
I only have the new Walmart Starscream and the 4 mini cars. I have opened Starscream and the quality is on par with the earlier e-Hobby and Encore ones, which I also have. By looking through the packaging the mini cars should be on par with the Japanese reissues as well. At least they are better than the Encore Bruticus and the Hasbro reissue Seacons from a few years back. How do they compare to the originals? The plastic material they used is not the same in the first place. Is it better or worst? No, it is just different.

However, the cardboard Hasbro used for these Walmart exclusives are not the same as the originals and not even comparable to the Japanese reissues. It is thin and looks cheap to be honest.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 08-11-2018 at 11:17 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.