Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #17
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

I really enjoyed TFCon 2018, present for Friday & Saturday

Was at charity auction for a lil bit (fun), left to take kid to the pool before bed, came back at the end for the feeding frenzy, snatched a couple of loose/complete CWs on the cheap

Registered Friday night because I've been around the block once or twice, so Saturday lineup was wasn't bad for me
Have to say, the signs for (register on the left, lineup to get in on the right) probably could have been up earlier, people in front and behind me all lined up early with no registration, had to plead with others in the line to let them keep their places
I don't recall seeing the sign on my way down, first time I recall seeing it was on the way out later on around 10ish
So just saying, sign could have been out earlier to catch the earlybirds

Arranged a number of pre-purchases from board members, significantly more than last year - cool to make some connections

Wasn't looking for con exclusives, but paid the early in order to rush first crack at items I might be after that could be low quantity; surprisingly (same as most already said) I didn't find much I was after, honestly spent the first 30-40 mins just serpentine-ing the aisles trying to see if I missed something

Didn't actually purchase something until about the 30mins in - a number of items I was looking for, either couldn't find or were above-budget
Which isn't to say I didn't come away with anything cool, just not quite what I was aiming for (unrealistic expectations I guess?)

I've been attending on Sundays in the past, but changing work schedule has me visiting Fri&Sat recent years - didn't click for me that Sundays were the (more variety of toy lines) day, or used to be anyways
Wife and daughter also like toys/dolls, so fairly disappointed to hear about the "full TFs all weekend" thing - one year we attended, wife cleaned up with a mad Jem/StreetSharks haul, never been able to replicate that success since

Seconding Skyway Jack's, a really cozy breakfast
Ming Room was delicious, but no AC killed it for me a bit

First time buying Repros in-person, got a slight discount for buying seven label sets at once, thx dudes

Probably the most I've spent at the con so far, really excited for the figs I picked up though, see you all at the next con!
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.