Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 02:19 AM   #53
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Toys"R"Us 1/2 Off Combiner Wars Voyager Class Nov 4th-17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I *never* had a complete combiner until I was 12-13 and was able to get all of G2 Devastator, new. I had Swindle, Blot, always seemed to have Scavenger and Mixmaster, Scattershot, Onslaught, an Aerialbot, Rippersnapper, maybe Strafe?

Never cared that I didn't have a complete combiner or even the kibble.

Anyway, I'm still hoping to get a second Sky-Lynx for ten bucks if he happens to show up but I'll probably clear out a few of the Motormasters for a toy drive. If I was a kid who didn't get much and my present was a big ass Transformer or anything that's normally way out of the price range I'd be ecstatic.
I never had an incomplete combiner as a kid (always got complete sets), so I can't really say how I would have felt back then if that happened to me. Still, nonetheless, I'll get a bunch of those Voyager torso bots for the toy drive regardless, since as you say, some kid out there is likely to find enjoyment in just the one figure. Perhaps it might be better that way since they are more likely to have a better perception of the figure as a standalone rather than people like us, who seem more likely to just see it as a limb or torso or weapon for a super robot. Always seemed like a staple in Transformers fiction and the minds of the fandom where the identities of the individual robots are overlooked or subsumed in favor of the gestalt they form.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.