Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #52
jtkv
Robot Master
Re: TFcon Toronto 2014 Is On Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
Central to who? People come from all over not just the GTA.
Duh, I am fully aware of that. Even for people flying in, it's a long trek from the airport.
Maybe a location closer to the airport or Yorkdale Mall... that is what I consider central.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I'm going to say the same thing I tell everyone who complains about Anime North's location (It is on Dixon Rd at the Toronto Congress Centre and every year people complain that it's not in downtown Toronto)

TFCON at it's current state works well at the Delta. It hasn't outgrown it's venue yet, the hotel itself is utterly awesome. (Trust me. I wish it was closer to AN and I've told them that because I'd book at the Delta instead) and it's near food. Lots of it. Just down the road. When you make an event you need something by or in a hotel, that has easy access to get to and be around food/drink.

It's also a quiet area, great, clean, free parking for the event, etc etc.

And that's true. Heck the majority of cosplayers these year were American's. We had a nice lady from the UK too.
AnimeNorth is not too bad a location. Definitely more Central than the current location.
Yeah, I'd avoid it being downtown as well... I feel along the 401 works best for travellers and locals.

Anyways, that's just me voicing voicing my distaste for having to drive 1 hour+ to get there.
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.