Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #40
Valfar
Machine War
Re: TF prime beast hunters toys discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That's too funny! As a Star Wars collector for over 30 years I've recently given up on Hasbro's Star Wars line. I don't think TRU has had a new wave of SW figures since January... and they are always 3-4 Waves behind the US with the usual dropping of the last wave or two in Canada.

I'm enjoying the TF collecting much more.

Yea, the vintage line is now put on hold and really it doesn't matter to me as i was cherry picking that line when i got lucky to even see the characters i wanted on the pegs(poor distribution).

Hasbro i think go the extra mile with Star Wars(cash cow of course) with giving us a vintage line with fairly great sculpts,good paint apps and articulation for that price point yet, i feel TF fans get the shaft with not having really any retail collector line that could bring vintage style boxes back with only G1 characters and maybe include some characters that never got made..not saying they would have to be direct G1 reissues in new boxes, just emulate what we got back then with a twist(added articulation and updated sculpts).

Energon,Beast Wars etc..all crap to me..Generations is a great line but, doesn't hold a candle to the Vintage Star Wars line..hell Playmates/Spin Master get it with their TMNT Classics line..TF's need that treatment but, mass produced at that same level..the Masterpiece TF line is great but, i haven't got another life time to wait here.
Valfar is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.