Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:40 PM   #34
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
You know, I get what you are saying. Yes, Generations toys sell out faster than movie toys. I cant deny that.
But because stores order so much less, I dont think thats enough to say they sell more. Stores usually stock more on toys that have a media tie in, like a film or a tv show, so Transformers lines about the films and Cyberverse (or RID) are stocked way more, and thats why we see them more often and in greater numbers than the Generations line. I mean, this year we have 2 seperate movie based lines, there must be quite a bit of demand for that or else Hasbro wouldnt make them.
True, but too bad that overstock of movie figures doesn't equal sales for the store. For example, everyone picks up one movie fig, and the store, Walmart or TRU in this case, put 20 more of the same movie fig out again. It seems backwards because if you look at how much TLK and Studio series are piling up now, I don't think Hasbro is really understanding their own business strategy. Today I visited a TRU and at the front of the store was a massive Transformers display. The only figures they were advertising in the display were Bumblebee toys and Power of the Primes (which had already been picked through). They left Studio Series and TLK to hide in the aisle (which, as you probably would have guessed, were stocked to the brim). This is just the trend that I have been noticing in many stores.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-18-2018 at 11:43 PM.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.