Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #27
Soundwaveblaster
Decepticon Deep Cover Spy
Re: Helping other people choose the right Transformer...

I remember one time, fall 2005, I was at TRU in the TF section naturally and there was a lady with a cart full of other toys. Anyways minding my own business I saw 4 G1 reissues hiding behind some other non-TF toys near the TF section. Since I bought everything during a sale a few weeks before (think it was 30% off or about $28 each) I grabbed Richochet just to check the price for fun. Scanned in at $0.01 So naturally I grab the other 3, rodimus, smokescreen, and hoist and all scan in at $0.01 too. So gleefully I go back with all 4 in hand and frantically search for more when the lady asks where I found those and what would I suggest for TF. Turns out she was buying toys for kids for her community centre, with money they raised + donations. All along I was planning to buy all 4 plus add a couple random stuff to pad the bill and just return the extra stuff later, and walk away with $0.01 TFs. But I told the lady these scanned in at 1 cent and the cashier would probably not even notice or care since she had a cart full of toys anyways and gave her the 4 TFs.
She thanked me and that was that. I didn't stick around to see if she got the toys for 1 cent but I can't imagine she didn't.
Soundwaveblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.