Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #22
Foxw
Founder of BFC group
Re: Helping other people choose the right Transformer...

OHHHH boy.

Times in the past year i've been asked "do you work here" when i don't - "lost count"

I'm a heavy frequenter of my local TRU and other stores with TF's (to point where i'm on first name basis with the tru OWNER and both managers).

And honestly, I just like seeing people happy, so guess it's in my nature to try n help whenever i see some poor lost/confused/clueless sap wondering a toy aisle.

Most notable stories from over the years?

once I was in during movie 1 my local TRU, hunting for a something or other, a pair of fellas were rifling thru the voyagers, looking at everyone, the I assumed father was going "he's got to be here", so i looked over and nicely asked what they wanted. he said his son desperately wanted a blackout. I just nearly groaned as we were already up to wave 5 of the TFM1 figures and locally blackout was LONG gone (the local TRU had only gotten maybe a dozen as was)

So i thought bout it, then quickly whipped out the old cell, speed dialed the next city over (30 min away) and talked my way to the right dept floor guy who I knew was also a collector. After abought 5 min I hung up & said "book it to newmarket guys, talk to so n so, he's holding one for you" and they ran like place was on fire.

Another time was in one of my local wally-worlds, and was in the isle looking for something when i saw this really confused poor young lady, it was just in the TFM1 / TFA time when we were getting repaints of stuff and tfa had just came out.

She was standing there lost and looking fairly distraught, so i asked her, bleeding heart that i am, what she was looking for.
"My son want's a bumblebee for his bday"

Of cource my immediate reaction was (from working in retail), age, which turned out to be 5/6 range.

At the time she was looking thru the movie-formers, I quickly took her over to the quad with the last repaint of bee on it, but asked her if he was technicall minded or more into the character, she said he wasn't and he loved the char on the tv. Well that answered everything as i then led her back to the toy isle and rifled and handed her TFA be and said "here, this is what he wants then". Really only took 5 min of my time, but she was so happy got me a hug and a peck on the cheek from a not half bad looking lady (though i omitted that part when i recounted that story to the wife )

End all, i find helping these people makes thier day's better and generally just gives you that old big warm fuzzy feeling.

it's a trait we definitely could use more of in the modern world.
Foxw is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.