View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #204
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
There is a perfectly reasonable fix for this. Go down to his shop
I remember the last time I went down to TO for a con in 2019 (HorrorRama maybe), I was thinking about stopping by NMC because I had once entertained attempting to get POTP RedSwoop & Stepper from these guys
But it was way past the posted expected ETA on the listings, so I was a bit wary, figured I had less to lose by visiting

Just went back & re-read the emails so I don't mis-represent the scenario; the listing for Stepper said something like "only 4 in available" but the listing also said "arrival in Feb 2019" - so I basically just asked "hey does this mean you guys have some, maybe I can stop by when I'm in town"

He confirmed they didn't have any yet, and that basically I can't trust pre-order dates - but I will say, in August 2019 the email wasn't nasty or anything
Worst he said was "I cannot ship what I am not shipped", which is MAYBE close to sounding chuffed but I get it

Anyways I think I was heading towards it being impossible to visit his shop, but re-reading the emails it was more that I was planning to, but for a specific goal and decided not to because response suggested it may be fruitless afa my goal was concerned

I remember driving by the address and not being able to locate it (couldn't stop in traffic though, just hoping to drive-by and note it), they didn't have a big sign or anything
Maybe that's what I'm remembering
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.