Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #9
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: Fed up with ebay :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I'm also very glad to hear you got your stuff!

I had my own bad experience about 9 years ago I bought from a seller who had great feedback, bid on multiple items to save shipping, won maybe 5 items.

None of them ever showed up, seller dropped off the face of the earth and got a whole bunch of negative feedback at once from multiple purchasers.

Unfortunately at that time ebay/paypal only covered you for losses over $50, and only one of my items was over $50, so that was the only one they compensated me for. The rest I had to eat as a loss. Pretty pissed off about it to be honest.

I've bought maybe a dozen times since then without incident (well, mostly, I've had two people ship me the wrong item...). But I'm just not big on ebay anymore, particularly with so many Americans selling with that expensive shipping option that is customs/duties included. It's ridiculous.
Ya that sux to hear. It don't matter if you buy in person or online. If you buy in person you have to travel to get it so that means time/gas to go get it. At least you have a better idea who your dealing with before you make your purchase. On the other hand if you buy online you save your time/gas but pay for shipping, have to wait for it ship & you have no idea if their being 100 % honest with you. Either way you could be buying from someone shady so my advice ... Do your homework & know the warning signs. Unfortunately there's trolls everywhere so be careful. Neway good luck on future purchases wherever you buy.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.