Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #21
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Siege of Cybertron Place Holders on TRU.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCompose View Post
People pay $30 a pop for Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black series figures. Transformers should really be no different. To those who say that they are going to pass on them because of the prices, you're going to find them cheaper and you're going to buy them. I call your bluff. No Transformers fan that likes a toy is going to let $10 get in the way of owning it. Who are you trying to kid? Shit goes up in price, that's how the world works. People argue when stuff costs more, and then whine when there's no changing in salaries or manufacturing jobs go away overseas. Everyone wants everything for nothing, that's not how it works. When I was collecting Beast Wars, they were $9.99 for a Deluxe. If the price is too high for you, wait for a sale. Check amazon everyday for price drops. Make a trade with someone for stuff that you don't need/want anymore. Sorry for the rant
The trouble with your rant is that the reality is...

Transformers are TOYS... meant for kids, not collectors, it's just a case that many adults that grew up with these toys, turned to collecting them.

They are toys, meant to be played with, possibly end up broken, trashed, replaced, etc.

Somewhere, this got lost, and your rant kinda explains the "why" manufacturers are doing it, because they know that we're getting close to the point where all their "toys" in the Transformers line are being gobbled up by "collectors". So they downgrade them in plastic content, complicate the transformation so that they are fancier..

Don't believe me? come on, what 7-8 year old kid cares about a "Studio series" (that was selling a few years earlier in a blister pack for 1/2 the price).

When I go by the Transformers in stores, it's almost 4/5 people looking at them are older men that "reeks" of "collector", and almost never kids as it used to be.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are our own worst enemy because too many actually defends the price hikes, the lesser quality... it's like you're working for them.

It's not wanting everything for nothing, it's a question that when you see KO/2rd party ones that are amazing quality at 1/2 the prices that the "big boys" who can mass produce at much cheaper rates... it's simply wrong.

Need examples? Devastator re-re-release at 99$... that's simply a joke, when I was able to buy some that are same quality at Dollarama a few years ago for 1$ each... that set should have sold for no more than 20, maybe 30$. Heck I just got the Kingbian Zhanshen oversized "KO" and it's freaking amazing, it's the great plastic of "yore", the design is fantastic, METAL parts, and being oversized makes it bigger than Voyager size, and I still paid under 50$ for it.

So yeah... selling pieces of plastic that are TOYS for children, that cost them pennies to make for 700%+ markup... and you're happy about it, even supporting it...*sigh*

And yes, most of us will still get them because we like them and it's what we collect, and there's not much choice, is there... but it doesn't mean that we have to consider it "right". But more and more now, personally, I've been looking and getting KO as I'd rather support those that make this a bit more affordable and at the same or even better quality, it's a smart thing to do. Hasbro and Takara could stop producing but the 3rd parties would go on.
imfallenangel is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.