Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 01:33 AM   #9
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Predaking Inspired Toys Closing Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I don't think you offended anyone (well not me anyway) and like I said earlier it was just a thought but that was only out of "fear" for lack of a better term of what might be coming based on what I have seen happen in the past, particularly in your specific threads.
I dunno why I in particular get so much flack. Too opinionated? Too productive? Who knows? I did consider one thread for this series but that would have led to one comment over and over, "Rex is king boring! We all know that. This wasn't about that debate. When he, Warlord and Ares came out, they were all about 500 US and the last 2 were not worth it. But, then we got the cheap oversized ko and that threw in a new wrinkle. Did he have a place to fit? And now, we don't have three 3p offerings at 500. We have one, since Ares and Warlord, as sets, are significantly cheaper now. Still, not everyone buys sets. So, with, say, War Hawk, it wasn't just is Warlord worth 120, but if War Hawk wasn't worth 59.99 is he worth 19.99? Is Ares worth considering at 229? Is Rex still worth his full value? And, who presents well as individual bots and who as combined mode? To my mind it was about the individual bots as much as the combined mode. So, I opted to try to keep things tidy by giving each case its own stage, its own post. Have a comment about Leo Dux? Comment there. Dislike Ironhead? Voice off there. So, there was a method to the madness. I think a lot of folks misunderstood what the point of the series was really. And/or they were still basing what I do now on my earlier work which, at times, was pretty bad. We all got room to grow and keep learning, especially me lol. Meh, I had good intenrions lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.