Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #9
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: TF Collecting tendencies

My primary focus is to claim figures that are fun; hence why I bailed out on Alternators after Side Swipe and only got Grimlock when he was on sale because I wanted a G1-ish Grimlock.

If I find a figure to be no fun you can bet I won't get it; I'm also doing my darndest to avoid getting every single repaint of a figure or completing entire lines.

At the moment I'm working on Cybertron/Classics, but once I finish school and get that well paying job I can finish off the G1 Re-issues, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Armada, Energon, Universe and Robots in Disguise/Car Robots.
I may also get into the Movie stuff I suppose it depends on what happens; Revenge of the Sith inspired me to collect more Star Wars action figures Transformers the Movie might inspire me to collect their product line to a larger degree then the few I planned on claiming irregardless of my feelings.

I used to think of myself as full-bore completist, but then as time went on I did my darndest to escape that habit; some of the figures I was saying I wanted were really only being wanted because I needed to buy something Transformers related, which is not collecting for fun, but collecting for the sake of collecting.
I sold off most of my G2 stuff and a few Beast Wars duplication repaints, but I can't seem to part with anything else because quite frankly I never had that many repaints to begin with and certain figures are just too good to pass up. I really dig the Armada Demolishor and Cyclonus molds which is why I'm trying to get the Energon/Super Link versions and have amended my Cybertron collection to include Demolishor.

A complete list of the figures I need before I consider each series starting with Beast Wars complete is as follows...

Beast Wars:
Rattrap
Nightglider
Wolfang
Buzzsaw
Black Arachnia
Shadow Panther
Tripredacus Agent
Polar Claw
Optimus Primal
10TH Anniversary Rattrap
10TH Anniversary Dinobot
10TH Anniversary Optimus Vs. Megatron

Beast Machines:
Night Viper
Motorcycle Drone
Spy Streak
Rav Blue Repaint
Che
Sonic Attack Jet
Stryka
Blast Punch Optimus Primal
Nightscream
Possibly Primal Prime

Robots in Disguise/Car Robots:
Axer Vs. Sideways
Cryotek
Jhiaxus
Destructicon Bludgeon
Destructicon Scourge
Brave Maximus
Grimlock/Swoop
Triceradon/Slammer
Snarl/Sludge

Armada:
Powerlinx Hot Shot/Jolt
Powerlinx Thrust/Inferno
Skywarp/Thunderclash
Powerlinx Optimus Prime/Corona Sparkplug

Energon:
Energon Strongarm
Energon Hot Shot
Grimlock & Swoop
Alpha Quintesson
Possibly Beachcomber
Optimus Prime
Black Unicron/Dead End
Sandstorm/Cannon Or Cyclonus/Crumplezone
Ironhide/Search Or Demolishor/Blackout

And that's it; Universe I'm not sure what I want anymore, but when I get back into it I'm sure I'll have it figured out... If you ask me why I listed all that I'll simply reply thusly; I'm an organization freak who keeps track of everything and enjoys making list after list of the same thing over and over again, so there you have it. Thanks to a little hunting a few weeks back I finally snagged BW Scorponok so kudos for me. I'd list all the Jap Beast Wars stuff too, but... Meh; can't be bothered.

EDIT: Forgot Cybertron and Classics Heh, heh.

Cybertron:
Shadow Recon Team
Backblast/Grindor?
Blastcharge/High Wire?
Scrap-Iron/Sureshock? (Can't remember who's with who.)
Landmine
Cannonball
Optimus Prime Truck
Demolishor
CD Scattorshot
Quickmix
Evac
GF Vector Prime/Safeguard
Dark Crumplezone
Nemesis Breaker
Wing Saber
CD Red Alert
Metroplex/Drill Bit
GF Optimus Prime or Regular Optimus Prime; GF most likely easier to find right now.
Galvatron
Primus

Classics:
Rodimus
Bumblebee
Grimlock
Mirage
Demolition Team
Dirt Digger Team
Night Rescue Team
Clear Skies Team
Jetfire
Optimus Prime
Megatron
Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron
Ultra Magnus Vs. Skywarp
Botcon Set if Possible
Undecided Soundwave
Undecided Cliffjumper
Undecided Devastator
Undecided LoC
Futre Classics Releases, Wait and See.

Last edited by Scrapper6; 05-04-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.