Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 12:51 AM   #7
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Protoman Review: RID Strongarm - Warrior Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
To be honest though from leaks of the show bumblebee doesn't seem like he wants that position
Seems like he wants to hand it off to a more deserving robot
Which would make an interesting arc, with the young leader coming into his position and accepting his new role after being a loyal follower for all those years.

Two of the most beloved shows in this franchise, Beast Wars and Animated, featured inexperienced leaders who had to grow into their role! I think the setup they had could have lead to this kind of story...

But you gotta please marketing who says the brand NEEDS an Optimus at all cost ALL THE TIME and that without Optimus and bumblebee somehow the kids wouldn't recognize Transformers as Transformers. They don't want to take risk otherwise it might confuse the kids who use those god damn Hollywood movies (where risk is economically untenable, for better or for worse) as a gateway into this rich franchise.

At least I'm happy that Bumblebee's team is a bunch of new guys who aren't reused names (though I guess Sideswipe was fairly prominent in movie merch...).

If they can't keep Optimus dead then I'd like to see a main show take an approach similar to Rescue Bots, where Optimus is still out there doing Optimus-y things, but we focus on an isolated team with its own newbie leader with only occasional cameos from the legendary big guy (and Megatron) himself.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.