Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Wrasslin' Club!!!

Without going into details, that was the best Wrestlemania in years. Top-to-bottom quality, well-paced, VERY little filler (no 20 minute Kid Rock concerts or stupid 15 minute rap concert intros). The over-arching story was great. I'd honestly give three of the four proper matches four stars, and Brock/Taker three (it was pretty slow but, well, other stuff). Shield match was quick but hot DAMN did they go balls out with cool shit. The Battle Royale turned into a lot of fun with a holy shit finish. Divas match was a divas bathroom break match but finisher trainwreck~! HHH's best match in years, no overblown 'epic drama' but a good, quality wrestling match with tons of drama. Cena way out of his comfort zone and doing something different, great showcase for Wyatt, and a beautiful clusterfuck of a main event with the best ending since, well, Wrestlemania XX (which is forever ruined by tragedy).

The past year has really challenged my love for WWE wrestling with how shitty the booking has been, but how good stuff like the Shield and Wyatts have been. The booking of Bryan has been bashing-head-against-wall awful post-Summerslam. Batista returning to win the Rumble was a bad joke. In recent years it has just felt like a regular PPV with more fluff; even worse, most of the time the Mania matches are shorter and less good than the rematches the following month.

By contrast, Wrestlemania XXX was momentous, memorable, and historical. Wrestlemania "moments" all over the place. Great wrestling. And a "where were you?" moment that will live forever.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.