Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Sales and budget is apretty big part of that.

Buying online is a rabbit hole I just don't want to go into. When I wait for them to come out around here I can better pace myself. Furthermore there have been cases where preliminary shots of figure made me excited but when I got the package in hand I just went 'Meh...'. You can also avoid paint apps mishaps and defects. I waited for months before finding THE Darksteel figure without scratches on its teal flames. I probably would have been dissapointed if I had gotten it online. And you know someone had a FE Cliffjumper turned out to have no head? You can avoid that in store.

If I decide to buy online I don't trust myself not to go crazy and order everything when it's there on the website staring at me and pay a ton in shipping and stuff. I'm not a completist, I'd rather choose with the toy in my hand. Plus I'm in no rush, I don't need to own those figures NOW, just eventually.

Jet Vehicon is a japanese exclusive so far and a high demand one too, I'm not that crazy to try to get that. You know that thing will probably sell out faster than you can say 'Takara'.

The only exception so far for me have been the BBTS Dark Energon exclusive deluxes, Arms Micron Darkness Megatron and Arms Micron Wheeljack. I love the PRID Wheeljack mold SO much I decided to collect every single use of that mold! In the end I might bite the bullet and get Dead End online because of that.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.