Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #14
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Unite warriors Computron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
That's one if my gripes with cw. I tend to prefer Hasbro's more toy based decos --- but the technobots have some baffling techno choices that wreck bring either toy or screen accurate. The garish red on scattorshot makes no sense and worse, looks bad.
Well, Hasbro did say that their design philosophy was to look to the future of the character rather than slavishly copying the past, and it shows given that their Computron is accurate to the Combiner Wars cartoon. Ergo, Hasbro may thinks Computron should look that way from now on, and may appear as such in IDW if he shows up there. I actually like Hasbro Scattershot's colors, but I'll give you the point on it not being very accurate to the G1 toy. For me though, I'm pretty impressed with how Hasbro was able to put out a decently serviceable Computron in the timeframe they had, despite not planning to do one initially, and I guess that made me appreciate the Hasbro Computron for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhammer View Post
I'll agree that Hasbro wins on the hands and feet for their Computron, but that would be about it for me. Takara's Rook retool for Nosecone works a hell of a lot better for me than Hasbro's Brawl retool (which strikes me as a very lazy, half-assed one at that), and while I agree Hasbro's Strafe is strong, Takara's is better. And I prefer an accurate combiner head rather than just the straight repaint of Superion. I don't particularly have any strong attachment to Scrounge as a character, so I don't mind missing out on him. And I've been a Hasbro man on CW until now. Hell, I'm a Hasbro man on mostly everything because importing Takara figures gets expensive. But Computron I think, would be worth the investment.

I'm also hoping Hasbro is planning on releasing their own version of UW Blast Off next May. They've done it for every other UW exclusive so far...
The head aside, I quite like Hasbro's Nosecone because I think its robot mode is more G1 toy accurate with the tread arms and whatnot. And honestly, I also like Hasbro's Strafe better than Takara's because of his ability to interact with Scrounge and Cybaxx. I like the thought that Strafe in robot mode could mount Scrounge in UFO/wheel mode on his back and maybe launch him at a Decepticon as a flying disc of death (I probably got that thought from all those Minicon deployers in RID). And also, Hasbro Computron's head is technically accurate to the Combiner Wars cartoon, so there's your screen and toy accuracy.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 09-07-2016 at 05:15 PM.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.