Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #249
prime
Generation 2
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

I'm not upset about using product placements, especially in a movie which is essentially a toy commercial. My issue is how blatantly in-your-face it was, to the point where it was a distracting mess of "BUY THIS, BUY THIS!". The art of Product placement is that it is subliminal messaging, like walking out of the theater wanting to buy something without knowing why. The movie shouldn't feel like a giant commercial break trying to shoehorn as many products as possible. Some don't even make sense storyline-wise: When did Chinese protein powder become popular with 17 year old Texan girls?

Compare it with the first movie: off the top of your head, how many placements can you recall, other than the cars? I can recall three, and all involved transformations, showing they at least put some effort into it, as opposed to randomly handing Mark a Bud Light or Chinese Red Bull and telling him to drink it onscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsaurus_rex View Post
Couldn't agree more! Prime is the most patient of 'Bots, but when his friends are being exterminated for profit, (& after saving our fleshy asses 3 times) he's going to snap.
"I know I swore to protect all humans, but when I find out who did this, he will die!"
One of my favourite quotes. Prime is simply more ruthless in the Bayverse (as shown for his penchant to execute disabled enemies), so it's nice to see he hasn't gone soft.
prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.