Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #39
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: 3rd Party Transformers Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
The Animated line is one being fought for by some fans of the line that work with in a company. These fans do not have the funds to move forward and thus need to convince investors (company owner?) to go into this line. The investors (company owner?) is not too thrilled with supporting this line believing that it does not have the numbers to sell. To sweeten the pot the fans went with a fresh new mould that has repaint potential and appeal to other fans (gamers).

I am sure these guys would love to start with Devastator or Omega Supreme but the money/investment is not there yet. This is going to be a journey and one that will only be successful if the fandom gets behind it.
I get that, and the repaint potential for these two makes sense.

Frankly, starting out with a larger figure like Omega would be far riskier than Huffer and Pipes, seeing as how much larger and therefore expensive it would be

Whet people's appetite with a few smaller, more affordable figures and they might stick around when the larger more expensive ones come around.

I think the Animated Decepticons need more filling out.
I wonder what the feasability would be to get the rest of the Starscream clones would be? And might they make a whole new mold for them or just copy the existing one (excluding Slipstream who needs her own mold).

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.