Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #35
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus
Re: 3rd Party Transformers Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
These look cool, but I hope they don't cost an arm and a leg. I also hope that they keep to the Animated size scale. IMO, these two should be deluxe sized, no larger.

And I'm not sure how much appeal these will have to gamers who aren't already TF fans. Maybe they might like them, but I doubt any non TF fan gamer would give a crap about a Wasp figure.

I'd love for them to just up-size the voyager Bulkhead to leader size, since I like the voyager much more than the leader we got. They could even eliminate the auto transform gimmick I wouldn't care.

But above all else, just make these affordable. At a deluxe scale, I think any more than $30 each would be excessive.
1. Mech Ideas is all about cutting out all the extra and finding ways to lower costs so to put out figures at the lowest price possible. They started this with the Demolition Crue and IIRC will continue forward on this.

2. The gaming market is only for the Mario and Luigi repaints which someone pointed out can also be Wario and Waluigi. I think this is a smart move because if they started with Bumblee and all those remoulds the line would not be fresh. This is a fresh way to start off with the ability to repaint.

3. IIRC scale was mentioned as being very important to this line so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think it's a very risky move. The Animated style is very hard to replicate in toy form. If these end up looking off (initial renders were so-so), that will kill the line.
Animated is a line that will be extremely hard to replicate due to its very unique look and feel. If MI hit it, and I think they will, they are in for a long line of Animated figures. Let us get to Omega Supreme people.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.