Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #55
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: Will you see The Last Knight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
While completely understanding that this bayverse is now a big part of the franchise, I just feel like it's creatively far removed from what I ever hoped it would become. The reason I cringe when people say they don't really like it yet support it because it keeps the franchise going, is because it keeps THIS version of the franchise going.
But I get it. The inertia is already an event, and it has a fanbase. There is no going back.
My G1 stuff is starting to look a lot to the new crowd like my Grandmas Elvis records looked to me.
This version of the franchise is the only one they're interested in selling, if it were to fail, you wouldn't get an alternative, you just wouldn't get as many TF's, it would become much more of a niche, collector product, like what GI Joe is after Rise of Cobra, or MOTU these days. For hardcore fans only, not even marketed to kids; preying on nostalgia with no intent to innovate.

And like you said, even if we the TF fans boycott the movie, we're the minority of the audience.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.