Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: Actual Winter In Vancouver Is Making People Do Crazy Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
I still don't get why the salt/sand frenzy is such a panic out there. Isn't it mandatory in BC to have winter tires on their rides? When you throw snow chains and/or studs on top, one should be more than enough prepared, you would think.
Nope. Snow/studded tires and chains are not mandatory here in Lotusland. Like I said, it normally rains non-stop this time of year.

If you head up one of the local Mountains (Cypress or Seymour, but not Grouse) they do have signage saying snow tires/chains are mandatory.

So when snow tires aren't typically needed then snow shovels and salt aren't typically stocked at Crappy Tire either.

Hence everyone losing their shit over free salt.

You really have to spend winter here to appreciate the usual lack of snow. I grew up in Deadmonton, lived there for 14 years. Then we moved to Vancouver and the 6 months of rain instead of 6 months of snow was a little jarring. But being able to swim in the ocean, hike in the mountains, mountain bike through the woods all in one day made the movie worth it.

But thank The Maker I don't have to deal with high property taxes cuz recent assessments have made the rates B A N A N A S.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 01-06-2017 at 08:05 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.