Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #54
Incepticon
Double Agent
Re: Animated Leader Ultra Magnus / Universe Ultra Silverbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard View Post
I dunno, I love reviews with character profiles. That's what truly gets me into the figures, having a connection with the "personality" and "history" behind the figure's on screen (or in book) character. I love learning new aspects of their bio. I rarely buy a toy simply because "it's a cool toy" (it usually has to be a cool toy -and- a cool character).
Fair enough. But personally speaking, if I'm going to watch a video review in the first place, that means I already have a connection with the character, know it's history & bio, etc. and don't want someone turning it into their own YouTube comedy show or infommercial as opposed to just doing what (I think) they should: show it's transformation, point out tips and possible hidden features, throw in a couple of relevant size comparisons to other figures in the series, maybe show come comparisons to other previous versions of the figure being profiled, so on & so forth. Translated: I came to see the figure, not the guy that bought it.

Quote:
Dyansis isn't really a clown, he's spirited and loves his Transformers. He's a good guy whose brain short-circuited a bit with this request.
Yeah I'm sure he's a decent enough guy that just happens to be a little more animated than most and evidentially has a very different approach to how he chooses to do video reviews. But based on what I saw, I just thought it was all a little too flamboyant & silly. I can understand why some people DO like it - but it's just not my thing.

That's why - if I had to pick - I like Peaugh's reviews the best. There's no theatrics, there's no embarrassing intro that starts each video like Sean Long's, his face is not in front of the camera... it's just his hands transforming these things accompanied by a very NON-geek narrative that keeps it all concise. On the other end, I also enjoy D-Banks if for nothing else than the combination of his enthusiasm and Brooklyn born manner of diction & speaking. It's hilarious, even though he clearly doesn't know it.

But whatever. Different strokes for different blah blah blah...
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.