Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 01:09 AM   #33
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Most Disappointing Figures of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Biggest dissapointed has to be when I impulsed-bought Cyberverse Windblade during a sale. Her robot mode looks good in packaging but the plastic quality is horrendous, the hips on mine are ragdoll loose, her knees are way too tight compared to the transformation joint beneath it (that doesn't lock into place properly), the feet don't lock in satisfyingly in jet mode, the idiotic decision to prevent her head from moving even thought it's a separate piece (yet it wobbles?!), the left arm on mine keeps popping off at the bicep swivel when ever I try to use it and the gimmick is so stupidly designed... there's a giant SPIKE of sharp plastic just where you'd want to holder her to activate the gimmick with one hand! HORRIBLE design oversight!

WHY is it so hard to make a decent Windblade?! Iron Factory made a perfectly adorable one for like 20 USD! Windsaber is still my best Windblade!

<
Oh wow, that one slipped my mind as it's so bad that I wanted to forget it altogether...

Same here, impulse buy as I saw it for the first time... then realized that she had no weapon, then the transformation is pretty bad, then the ubber loose joints and terrible connection points... the mechanism that barely works.

So I completely agree on that figure, she stays in jet mode and in the background...

But for decent Windblade, I actually love the RID one, especially the masked version.. very "Macross" type in every way (all modes), including one of the best full Gerwalk mode for any Transformer figure, her scabbard is a fantastic gun. If they could make the "backpack" be integrated and have a rotating or such joint for the hands, she'd be pretty perfect.

imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.