Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Adult Lego Fans
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Re: Adult Lego Fans

So the other day I was contacted by this lady wantting to sell her lego for like $200. I asked her to email some pictures cause it was a 30 min drive to her house. She told me nope, I don't have a camra. Ok, so I had a few more screening questions. So as not to waste my time. Ok, is it Lego, or is it Mega Blocks or Duplo. Her reply, no no no, its all pure Lego. She told me they're dragons castles sw's etc. The Dragon was my first Red Flag. I was like how big are the Dragons, are you sure its not Megablocks. She said nope, I know what I had bought my son. So I agreed to drive out there. As they would not meet me. Second Sign.

So I get there. of the 4 totes of bricks, over 3 of it was Mega Blocks. I spent like 3 mins explanning that it was no lego. The best I could offer was $60 vs $200. Cause well mega blocks sucks ass, as any lego fan knows. I was polite etc. I was declined, as she said she had many other people excited to buy this, but she was giving me first crack. Which is bull shit. She did not list it, and she responded to my ad. Didn't even get a Sorry for wasting my time.

I would get into a larger rant about people from a certain geographical, regional area. But this isn't the place for that.

So at the end of it, I did not buy the mega blocks. However I did pick up a Hun gur for $4.

Meanwhile my friend has been playing with the radio, head lights were left on etc. You know anything that could drain the battery while i'm in there house. Van want turn over, I knock on there door. Ask if they would be so kind and give me a boost. The husband looked at me and said I don't boost and slammed the door in my face.

Eventually, after knocking on about 8 houses, we found someone that was willing to give us a boost. Even then it was the wife we asked, which told the husband to boost us. As he didn't want to do it. One of those, if you don't do it hubby, you look like less of a man looks. Yeah for the wife.

That day I broke my number one rule when it comes to Lego and Kijiji. Get a friggin picture. Cause people have no problem ____ other people over. Nor do they know the differnce between lego and duplo or mega blocks, or any other ko. Waste of time, gas etc.

Well I feel better.

Last edited by Gaetznes; 03-14-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Gaetznes is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.