Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #14
RedCell
Generation 1
Re: Anyone dealt with AmiAmi ??

Amiami is a fantastic e-retailer. Excellent service, great prices and the shipping fees are on the lower end. But they are a very legit company and will not under-value their packages so you are more likely to pay duties.

If you don't want to pay duties, go with a e-retailer that automatically undervalue packages like Nippon Yasan. These guy will ship something that's like $200 and say it is only worth $20. You are guaranteed not to pay duties but if something goes wrong (damaged or lost packages), you will, at most, get back the declared value of the package of $20.

So it comes down to how much risk you are willing to take. Order from a more honest company like Amiami and have them take care of you if something goes wrong. Or go with someone like Nippon Yasan where you can potentially save a lot of money on duties at the risk of losing everything you paid for.

Personally, I prefer using Nippon Yasan. I ordered dozens of items from them and things have never gone wrong but I have made peace with the fact that if something does go bad, I am pretty much SOL.
RedCell is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.