Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Working on a Cybertron battle diorama; need suggestions for set building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtsyder View Post
(looks at displays) Impressive. Most impressive. I really like how you pulled off building that big set with foam board. And yeah, I've started scanning places like Michaels and various dollar stores as inspiration for ideas of what I can use for what. I don't know if I'll be ambitious enough to incorporate LED lights or other electronic parts for my Cybertron battle scene, but hey, never know what may come up. Thanks for the tips!
I'm probably going to track down the pics from a past convention that showed the Siege figures in their diorama set. Some of those pics may give me ideas for wreckage to scatter across the field, which could cover for the "seams" showing from the overlapping foil sheets.

As for backgrounds, I may skip it for this one, but at least now I know what I can do to make backgrounds for my "normal TF photography work. Thanks again for your help!

My suggestion, take pieces of foil and fold them into strips, edges, squares and use these to hide the seams and edges, and even(flatten) your "floor" more. You want more perspectives and details. Think of the whole planet being covered with mismatched panels all wielded together flat.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.