Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
Sokar
Armada
Re: New G1 dvd is CHEAPER in Canada!

I'm on the fence about getting the matrix set as opposed to the individual seasons.

I like the matrix box, but I really don't care for the magnets since I store my dvd's with my vhs tapes when I have both (ie, I've got the movie next to the rhino releases) and I've got no wish to destroy my tapes because of some 2 dollar magnets. The 60 page booklet might be interesting, but I haven't really heard much about it.

In terms of actual content on the dvd's themselves is there actually any difference between the normal and matrix sets? If it's just some interviews then I'll probably skip it, but if the commercials or hasbro archives are only on the matrix set that would be a big factor for me I think.

The other thing too that bothers me is the price. I's 20-25$ listed for the first season, and the website shows 4 groups of dvds in the box, yet the matrix set is 140$. I realize that it's plausible that the individual sets will number more than 4 for all of G1, but if it doesn't, then that makes the matrix set nearly double the cost of the individual ones.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.