View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 66 - Wars, Machines, Hunters, and Their Beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Okay! Logic time!

I don't understand where this preconceived notion that everything should be available to you at retail. No one EVER said if you get wave 1 you would get every other wave that follows. That's just collecting and retail in general. It's a roll of the dice thanks to case assortments and distribution and its always been that way.
I thought you said you would be using logic? Because this makes no sense.

My "preconcieved notion" comes from the fact that outside of exclusives, foreign releases, the occasional end of line stuff, and test market releases (like MW), we have ALWAYS gotten pretty much every wave of every series since G1.
As I said we occasionally miss out on the last wave of stuff, that happens pretty often, but I defy you to name me another instance when we have gotten the first wave of a TF series and then nothing else.

In my experience it has never happened before. In fact I'd go so far as to call this 8 month drought unprecedented!

Quote:
In addition, practically EVERY Transformers line has had items in it that never hit Canadian retail and I'm fairly certain outside of the US most countries are also in the same boat. To even counter point myself even the US may not get certain lines, molds, and also have missing waves.
I agree, but those items generally fall into the catagories stated above. And I don't recall the US ever missing out on almost an entire line of figures. They're even getting the FE stuff now!
You are correct in that the occasional missing wave, region by region, isn't that odd. But missing the entire line on a national scale? I don't recall that ever happening.

Quote:
Since it's been this way for the longest time I don't know why anyone would assume we would suddenly get every wave now.
Because, again, barring the catagories above, we always have?
And it hasn't "been this way for the longest time". What is happeneing at retail now, in regards to TF's has never happened before.

Quote:
My point is if you want every thing from every line, you will absolutely have to be resourceful and expand outside of the mass retail only mindset because Transformers is so huge right now, that expecting everything to hit North American retail will not be happening any time soon.
I would agree whole heartedly with you if I was talking about getting "every thing from every line", but I'm not. I'm talking about getting just the basic assortment of figures. And not even all of them! I have no interest in toys like Hot Shot, I just want the show cast.

And just an un-related question: Why all the hate for the TF Wiki? I have found it to be a valuable resource quite often. I have even contributed to it on multiple occastions.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 10-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.