Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 09:49 PM   #18
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: If you think the Siege Deluxe at $29.99 is absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Personally I'm thinking of switching to collecting Video Games only, at least I get more enjoyment out of them these days and they 'USUALLY' don't break as easily. Then again who knows... I haven't bought a single deluxe figure yet and while I want them I could see myself not getting anything other than Micro Masters and Battle Masters.
I’ve strayed a bit into retro gaming lately, more as a nostalgia and “best games on X console” thing. If you’re not collecting mint or complete and perfect boxes, etc then the costs aren’t too bad. And if like me restoring/cleaning is part of the fun then some things can be found quite cheap.
That said, many titles command stupid prices... and things do break sometimes: old consoles with disc readers love to just up and die. Cartridge systems are more solid but be prepared to pay anywhere from $10 to $60 for loose SNES or Nintendo carts for them.

————

I’ve understood and even kind of defended past Hasbro price raising but this $10 hike especially on deluxes has broken me. So weird to stare at a full line I’d like to own in WalMart and just walk away. So far from Seige, a line I want most of, I’ve only gotten Optimus and Megs with a stacked 25% and 15% off deal from TRU (making them $25 each).

Last edited by Goaliebot; 01-14-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.