Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #30
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Takara Tomy bans third party custom Transformers Products in Japan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Often crackdowns of this nature are not necessarily a result of a particular company worrying about their market share being stolen by counterfeit items but more to do with complaints from other companies that actually pay for proper licensing from the parent company.
Why would anyone pay for a license if the big wigs are just going to turn a blind eye? I'm sure if the numbers were looked at on paper, the potential loss of revenue from licensing is probably greater than the potential loss of revenue due to 3rd party shops.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hasbro/Takara are the ones that make all Transforming Toys, Licensors are only allowed to do certain things, bedsheets, clothing, comic books, videogames, so tell me how the hell does that give them the right to complain about Transformers Fans producing and selling their own accessories to other fans?

Sounds like petty jealousies to me.

That being said, if it was due to this issue, just offer the third party people actual license to make their products, maybe then I could get my hands on a nice new production run Protector, Munitioner, Explorer, 'G3' Trailer and so on and so forth. At a more reasonable price than secondary market pricing currently allows. I wouldn't mind a Shadow Commander either or for that matter Universe Nemesis Prime that isn't a bloody KO.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.