Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #37
Omegatron
Gen 1
Re: Omegatron's new Collection Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Very nice to see you're still updating this thread regularly to show off more aspects of your collection.

Now that the room has been set up for a few months, is it still functioning well, or is there anything you wish you had done differently?
Thanks, I wondering if the updates were more annoying than useful so I'm glad someone's enjoying them. I'll keep doing them because I want to and I've got a bit more to share so keep looking.

As far as the room is considered, its working out quite well. I have to sweep the floor more than I'd like because the light colour shows off the dirt. Also while the shelves are well insulated from the movement of the floor opening the drawers does seem to cause some vibration and a couple of figures have done nosedives (fortunately nothing's broken) so I have to be careful. I'd also like to have more storage for things not on display, but hey that's probably close to number one on the list of what every fan would like so no surprise there.

The best thing about the room turns out to be the insulation. I added some extra when I built the floor and rebuilt the walls. I did this because I wasn't sure my little infrared heater would keep up with winter and I didn't want to use forced air. This worked really, really well and the room is by far the coziest in the house. I go there sometimes just to feel properly warm and have the bonus of my collection around me.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.