Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 66 - Wars, Machines, Hunters, and Their Beasts

I have a problem with some of the notions you guys put forward in regards to getting new items.

I agree that patience is advisable, and that many of these items are available through different means. But speaking as one of the many who is bitching about the TF drought we're in (going on 8 months now), while I know there are other avenues available to get these figures - I just got Jet Vehicon from ebay and Knockout is on his way from BBTS - what angers me most is that we shouldn't HAVE TO resort to buying figures online that should have been in stores months ago!
The US is current starting wave 5 of PRID (the last before the BH re-brand) and we still have yet to get beyond wave 1!

As for the MANY "Just get a credit card" comments, that is the most assinine advice I have ever heard! This country is currently drowning in consumer debt largely due to people having and using credit cards they can't afford.
Take me for example; I'm a stay at home dad with no imcome of my own save the quarterly GST, and monthly Trillium benefit cheques, and what ever I happen to sell off from my own collection. Should I really get a credit card? I can, but I really shouldn't. Fortunately I found a way around that buy opening a new bank account that provided me with a Visa debit card so I can shop online using my own money, incurring no debt.

I also take umbridge at the notion that since the stores don't have what I'm looking for that I should just buy anything instead.

And sure, your point is valid that the $80 I spent on Prime figures could have gotten me 1 really nice vinatge one, but the reverse is also true, that $80 I blew on 1 figure could have gotten me 4 PRID deluxes.

Also back to "patience", and how these figures will eventually show up, I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to wait 3 years for Vehicon, or Airachnid to show up at Winners, or 15 years to get it loose and cheap at a con. I'm currently living through that now trying to finish my BM show cast. And why? Because the last few waves of BM figures never came to Canada!

I get the point that some people just never shut up about it on the boards and such, but you have to admit that it is a valid complaint. Especially when you take collectors out of the equation and think about the kids who are watching this show and may want a Knockout, or a Bulkhead, or a Ratchet, and the only damn things clogging shelves for the last 8 months are god damn Bumblebee's!
And yes you could say that the parent's could also buy online, but even if they can find them online do you really think parents are going to pay those online prices? The bloody Vehicon goes for almost $30 on ebay before shipping! And until recently BBTS had Ratchet for $21.99 US plus shipping.

I really don't think it's unreasonable to want to be able to find these figures at retail.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.