Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #21
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Hi, I was directed here from Reddit with some questions since I'm Canadian.

If you want genuine TakaraTomy MPs go to any one of the Japanese sites like mandrake, amazon.co.jp, amiami, HLJ, anime-export and nippon-yasin. eBay and Chinese sites are risky - you might end up with a KO, although there are legitimate sources in Hong Kong, and some of these do state whether an item is KO or not. Or try a Singaporean store called ohmyprimus. You can also join some Facebook groups and there are (commercial, legitimate) sellers advertising over there.

For MP scale 3rd party stuffs you do have to go to some Chinese sites for deals such as showzstore. Do your research before putting your money on the table. Or try ohmyprimus I mentioned. Or Facebook.

Getting MP and even third party locally (or from the US) is just too expensive comparably speaking. As much as I want to support Canadian businesses the markups are too high. I do understand their costs of importing stuffs and their needs of making a healthy profit in order to be viable but I have limited funds so I have to pick the most economic path. Sorry. Having said that, the Canadian online sellers do offer deals sometimes so shop around. But if you want your MP almost right after their release the Japanese sites are the way to go since they will ship them out as soon as stuffs are released instead if having to wait for a local (or US) seller to receive their stocks AND THEN ship the things to you.

Of course you can deal with members here if you happened to come across somethings you crave.

BTW, we don’t have the same toys regulations like the States so all Megatrons (G1, reissues, MP and third party) from oversea sources sans the US have no orange plug. I have imported different Megatron figures from Japan w/o it and no issue at the border.

Someone mentioned the differences between the Hasbro and TakaraTomy “CW” Devastator: beside the minor mold differences like extra joints on the TakaraTomy bots each of them also comes with a gun. These are not presented in the Hasbro version. There is no official MP Devastator but there are third party alternatives. I think the ToysWorld one is the best but pricey - the best deal I can find will set you back at least $600 Cadn shipped.

As for MP-09, there is also the issue with the shoulder joints. Simply speaking they can be broken off. My Hasbro one suffered from this. One of the arms decided to fall off one day. I have yet to open my TakaraTomy one after all these years so it might have suffered the same fate. You should be able to get third party shoulder and knee joints repair/replacement kits. I got mine from eBay.

If you want to get G1 reissues w/o the long missles, short smoke stacks, etc. nonsenses you will have to hunt for the Takara/TakaraTomy/eHobby versions. Characters like Starscream have been done again and again already from eHobby to the latest Encore. The Japanese have even reissed Megatron (Hasbro will never do one I guaranteed).

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 11-10-2018 at 07:10 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.