Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 05:23 PM   #57
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Transformers Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
You'd think, the point of reducing the amount of plastic in the packaging was to make things cheaper, while going green for the environment. Note, the toys are still made of plastic, so I don't know how much difference the plastic inserts make. Either way, the cardboard only packaging should be reducing costs, not increasing them.
I highly doubt they are diecutting the cardboard, as that would be quite expensive to do the variety of shapes they cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
It's all money-making. They can lie all they want, but they're testing the water to see how much collector's will be willing to pay for a figure. If it continues to sell, they'll up the price in the future again.
Yup for both of you...

Consider something (that everyone that argues about it simply don't get), take a look at food products and the packaging.

Lots and lots of plastic and cardboard (and Styrofoam), and yet, it's about about what's inside. The containers are absolutely an extremely low cost item, negligible really, otherwise they'd lose a lot of profit from it and would find alternatives to save money.

I applaud the switching to the cardboard as I've always hate the plastic body shaped coffins, but I would rather them just go with the approach that they've taken with the exclusives, so generic boxes with labels with name. Sure, they could do a monochrome print on the box cheaply enough too, but I'd be fine with recycled papier-mache egg-cartoons type for protection (like Sky Lynx and the other larger figures did) and such.

I actually hate the fancy shaped boxes more than the tiny plastic window to be honest, and as I've stated at other times, I would prefer the toy be in the mode (robot or alt mode) that would use smaller boxes.

If shipping costs are part of the price increases, I would think that they have some sort of genius in their management that would go "hey, smaller boxes means we can ship 3-4 times more product with the same container space!".

It's not rocket surgery...

Last edited by imfallenangel; 02-07-2022 at 05:26 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.