Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
nickh
Beasty
Question Why do so many Dinobots look ridiculous?

Ahoy! So I just posted a question/rant on TFArchive.com about Dinobots. I hope you guys don't mind me reposting it here. I'd like to get a Canadian perspective.

Here goes!

I grew up with G1 Dinobots. Snarl was my favourite, followed closely by Grimlock. The G1 Dinobots were awesome, and bad-asses.

As new Dinobots were released over the years, though, most of them look ridiculous, be they in dino mode and/or robot mode.

For example, check out Dinobot. What's with his tail splitting open to become a...who-knows-what. Dinobot II is totally different, but no better. In dino mode, he looks like a stalking rat with a beard.

As for Magmatron, well...'nuff said. He's pretty funny-looking. Most of the other dinobots in Beast Machines are killer in dino mode. But their robot modes are laughable. Who wants a head for an arm?

Things improved in Energon with Grimlock and especially Swoop. Swoop's wicked from a structural perspective, and his colours suit him really well. But Mega-Dinobot is, well, "mega" in terms of "weird". Hah.

Considering how small the Mini-Con Dinobots are, they're not bad. However, Terrorsaur's arms are hilarious.

Next, we have the Animated Dinobots. They're kinda comedic, but have a certain endearing personality. Overall, they're decent, but nothing special.

So, with all of that very opinionated stuff said, what do you guys and gals think about the evolution of the Dinobots?

For me, the G1 Dinobots stand far above the rest, and it's not due to the nostalgia. They simply look awesome in both dino and robot modes.
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.