Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: Repaints & Minor Mods Tips on painting Sunspot?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Tips on painting Sunspot?

I love the ROTF Skystalker mold, it's fantastic. When Sunspot came out I nabbed it and did a little amateur custom painting using my metallic blue Gundam marker. The result isn't half bad, I think, and looks decent on the smaller details (you can see the pen strokes way too much on the larger parts though). I've been thinking of finding good spray paint that's not too expensive and apply a new coat on his back to get a smoother finish. I'd like to add some Autobot stickers to this repaint I've christened 'Thunderburst' and I can't do it until I'm satisfied with the paint.

In the meantime I've been slowly army building Sunspot, picking up stray ones whenever I spot one on a peg. I got three more now and I'd like to paint at least two of them.

I'm looking for some tips on paint choice for this particular mold and things to look out for if I go for it. I'm thinking of only painting the top of the vehicle mode, leaving the rest of the robot in its stock color, akin to what I did with my paint marker.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.