Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 02:14 AM   #18
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
The chart includes CW and shows that toys did not sell as much that yeat compared to Age of Extinction.Also Hasbro stated that, in 2015, RID sold better than CW. We do not know if more G1 based items would sell if they stocked more because the they are not ordered as much, so we cant assume that. Also, are all those POTP leader Rodimus Primes toys sold out in your area? Because they are warming the shelves everywhere I go.
Maybe it does depend on area. Rodimus isn't shelf-warming all that much here in Edmonton (there a few in stores like Walmart and TRU, and besides, that's one figure, what about the rest of the line). This data also seems subjective. RiD has been shelf-warming ever since from what I've seen (and it does not help that these figures never go on sale). When Combiner Wars were in retail, the majority of the deluxes and voyagers, aside from the Combaticons, were always in high demand. As for Age of Extinction, in some very rare cases, I still see some of those figures on clearance at Walmart. The TLK figures are probably the worst in terms of shelf-warming so far, literally clogging up valuable shelf space in every TRU.

Regardless of what the data says, by actually going into stores and seeing what's on the shelf, anything from the movie line is not selling as well as the main line (and from what I've noticed in Edmonton stores, this seems to have been true for at a least a few years now). This is from my point of view, maybe where you live it could be different (but I highly doubt that).

*Also, in terms of G1 inspired toys, I try to avoid putting lines like RiD and Cyberverse into the mix because those toys are definitely aimed more towards kids.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-16-2018 at 02:16 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.