View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:14 PM   #34
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: NETFLIX War for Cybertron: SIEGE discussion WITH SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
This. Especially the Jetfire thing. Like, you were all on board with Megatron and his actions until the last 5 days?

That's what you get when you're too cheap to pay union rates.

Yeah, I really disliked the voice acting. There were a few who were good, but way too many "tough guy voices". It affects the pacing. You can't have a casual conversation in "tough guy voice". You just end up sounding like Beetlejuice! So everyone....talks....like....this.
And it was totally inappropriate for certain characters too, like Jetfire. G1 Jetfire has NEVER been a "tough guy", so hearing him speak like that really took me out of it.
And I agree about Skywarp. That pissed me off! If you really had to kill off one of "the toys", you had 5 other nobody Seeker toys you could have killed off, not to mention the scores of other generic Seekers that swarm the skies of Cybertron.

Yes. I too was hoping we'd be getting more of the Voltron treatment. 6 episodes just isn't enough time to really tell any kind of story.
Great point. She-ra and voltron, YMMV, those reboots are full-on, with great voice acting and proper seasons.

But those weren't there to sell toys. It's clear siege exists to sell toys and has no artistic soul. Whether it was Hasbro, Netflix, or both who were unwilling to pony up for something beyond some video game cg...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.