Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 01:03 AM   #9
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: New Toys Prices Discussion

The last few years have hit hard simply because they finally nailed a lot of the original toys with modern engineering.

The combiners were finally decent, the Dinobots are the ones that started me on the path of building a G1 crew for the very first time in my life... they sparked the desired to get TFs for the sake of the original series. Before I'd get the ad-hoc that would catch my eye.

That said, Siege was the first time that I almost went and got the complete series, but the recolours and cheapness of some put the brakes on that (that I'm thankful for in a way).

The pricing thing, I've stated my opinion and conclusion a few times, and because of the way Hasbro is doing things, Earthrise will not be, isn't the same story...

I have the 4 main characters of the 1st wave (Hoist, Wheeljack, Cliffjumber and OP (and OP is simply because of it being quite a well executed figure and the trailer, though that is very disappoiting, but exactly what I mean about Hasbro's way of doing things now) and that's all I'm getting, and I'd now waiting for wave 2 already.

For the prices, as they jumped 100% from the size/category, I feel cheated quite a bit. I really do enjoy the figures, but the gaps, the very cheap weapons/accessories is a slap in the face, and I've had to get the 3rd party kits for a few to fix the slacking that Hasbro voluntarily did.

Out of the 30 ER figures that are announced, I'm counting 9 that I want to get in total. I've also got the deluxes from EBgames with my platinum, so I did get a reduced price.

I am planning to try to buy as many that I plan to get with rebates and sales as I do not believe that any are worth the full prices...

I admit that exceptions for the figures that are difficult to get are possible, but I hate to make such, but it's either that or end up possibly missing on that figure.

After I do have the characters I want, I will return to ad-hoc that will have to really be amazing to catch my eye...

So if Hasbro is listening, that 5-10$ increase you've done, will result only in losing a LOT of sales in the end.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.