Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
dak
Master Creator
Re: Canadian Kitbashing Tutorials

Submitted by TheTransTorture

An Alt. door removal tutorial that will......BLOW YOUR DOORS OFF ! ! !

So I was just reading in some threads at TFW'05 about how no one could get Alt. Skid's doors off for repainting.
I thought Plowking had a trick he used on the Mazda Alt. door so without searching for the thread I just went ahead & tried what I thought he did.
I was wrong, I found an alternative that works on a few Alt. doors including the ever frustrating Scion mold...so here it is, a tutorial to walk you through the process...along with the help of "Hurtin Hound"
A super-duper detailed custom I've been working on, he helps me hold parts while i'm hitting them with hammers.(props to Plowking for nabbin this guy for me)

First thing is to find a nice sharp blade, I used an Exacto type blade.
Start by making sure the outer door is positioned all the way to the end forward or back.
Cut away a small amount of plastic in the middle of the inner door opening/slide zone, top & bottom...just a little, not the actual inner door, just the bit that hold the big pin in place.

Slide the door so the big pin is over the middle area where your cuts were made.
Insert a small screwdriver as shown and give it a light pry, if it doesnt pop off reapeat the previous steps & try again.

Once it's off you'll want to repeat what you just did only now to the other side to allow the door to be popped back on after painting is complete.
Again: cut away a small amount of plastic in the middle of the inner door opening/slide zone, top & bottom...just the little bit that will allow the big pin to be popped back into place.

ENJOY ! ! !

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.