Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Please help Donate Toys for Children in Need this Holiday season (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19970)

Super_Megatron 12-07-2009 11:14 AM

Please help Donate Toys for Children in Need this Holiday season

1 Attachment(s)
-Find a toy drive being held in your area, such as Toys for Tots. Also check with civic groups in your area to see if they are collecting toys for local kids.
-Look online to find the nearest collection box for toys.
-Check your local newspaper, listen to the radio or watch for announcements on television that give gift-giving guidelines and locations.
-Ask the agency collecting toys if it prefer its donations unwrapped so workers can see the items and match them to children who will enjoy them.
-Select toys that do not need batteries or additional parts that a child's family may not be able to provide.
-Engage your children in selecting gifts for other kids. This is a valuable way to teach them the importance of giving.

Nocturn 12-07-2009 08:32 PM

Re: Please help Donate Toys for Children in Need this Holiday season

Skipped first period to go buy a Breakaway to donate at petrocan, am I in the moral green?

GMfan 12-07-2009 09:07 PM

What class was it?

Grayfox 12-07-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturn (Post 193182)
Skipped first period to go buy a Breakaway to donate at petrocan, am I in the moral green?

petrocan, huh? Do you know of any other places where one could donate toys? The newspaper here doesn't mention anything about toy drives and city hall is useless. So is the local radio station :p

Nocturn 12-07-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan101 (Post 193195)
What class was it?

Biology 20.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayfox (Post 193200)
petrocan, huh? Do you know of any other places where one could donate toys? The newspaper here doesn't mention anything about toy drives and city hall is useless. So is the local radio station :p

Petro Canada does it with a radio station here, that's all I know.

GMfan 12-08-2009 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturn (Post 193222)
Biology 20.

Hmmmm my science nerd side says immoral but the ends justify the means, you pass ;)

jacobot 12-08-2009 08:51 AM

Mumps 12-08-2009 11:46 AM

I am gonna pick up a few cheap (but good!) Voyagers sometime this week and give them to the "Toy Mountain" charity here in Calgary. I just wish the bins for these were anywhere near where I usually shop. Oh well, all in good fun for the kids! :D

jackalprime 12-09-2009 01:35 PM

ill probably do this with my church. at this time of year they have a tree with descriptions of children on tags that you pull off "boy 8" etc. so ill prob get a Tformer and dontate it to that.

Robimus 12-10-2009 01:43 AM

I've done this for years, the only difference this year is that I don't have to create the thead :p

TFA Deluxe Prime and Swindle are going to the Christmas Cheer Board.:)