Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quakewave re-issue (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=59914)

Masta_Skidz 06-29-2015 03:47 AM

Re: Quakewave re-issue

I got mne in the mail from member RXlee so i am haopy also u did not oay an arm and leg mine also is comming with the gun stand so even better score

blindsorcerer 06-29-2015 05:41 AM

someone mentioned that Takara just re-aquired the rights to Shockwave ... anyone heard that also ?

Longshot 06-29-2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayback (Post 646914)
Hey. Don't buy the KO. Somethings coming down the pipeline.

Wah!?! Colour me very interested in this development.

down_shift 06-29-2015 07:21 AM

A big round of told ya so's are in order.

Pascal 06-29-2015 08:51 AM

As much as I like my Quakewave, I feel the design is already a bit dated to justify a reissue. I feel it's already time for a redesign to integrate the barrel with the forearms or something.

OLDMR 06-29-2015 09:52 AM

With so much out there I can wait for a reissue

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 646888)
They have a pre order on tf direct
But I think it's a knock off but at $99 with shipping might bite!

innermanchild 06-29-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironclaugh (Post 646869)
The other rumor was that the reissue will be a slightly darker Purple to be a bit more G1 toy accurate.

If this was the case, it would reinforce all the willpower it's taken to not buy one on the secondary market.:)

I've seen a few pop up on Kijiji recently, even saw Optibotimus selling his on Twitter.

UltraPrimal 06-29-2015 07:15 PM

Wasn't there some problems with the original release? I seem to remember something about them issuing new hands. Also, I think there was some people who had trouble with the batteries for the eye and/or gun hand.

Personally, I'm holding out for an official version. It would a pretty easy MP to do. And they could at least get a Diaclone/Astro Magnum repaint out of it.

Sir Prime A Lot 06-29-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 647031)
Wasn't there some problems with the original release? I seem to remember something about them issuing new hands. Also, I think there was some people who had trouble with the batteries for the eye and/or gun hand.

Personally, I'm holding out for an official version. It would a pretty easy MP to do. And they could at least get a Diaclone/Astro Magnum repaint out of it.

No problems, just an upgrade. A lot of people didn't like the translucent hand reminiscent of the Generation 1 styling so Fans Toys released a solid purple hand.

As for the battery, people were complaining that the arm hose is on the wrong side of the forearm so Fans Toys released a replacement fore arm which rotated the hose around to the back. If you got this upgrade you had to forfeit the light mechanism in the barrel because there wasn't enough room for the swivel mechanism and the batteries. So if you want the swivel, you lose the light.

innermanchild 07-13-2015 06:46 PM

The gods have blessed me!! The legends are true!! :clapping: