Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers voice actor Garry Chalk to attend TFcon 2011 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31807)

Super_Megatron 05-29-2011 10:42 PM

Transformers voice actor Garry Chalk to attend TFcon 2011

1 Attachment(s)
The TFcon website has been updated with the following: We are very pleased to welcome back Transformers voice actor Garry Chalk to TFcon 2011 for the 15th Anniversary of Beast Wars.

The voice of the iconic Optimus Primal and G1 Megatron in Beast wars, Optimus Primal and G1 Optimus Prime in Beast Machines, plus Optimus Prime in Transformers Armada, Energon and Cybertron; Mr. Chalk will be taking part in a Q&A panel and autograph sessions with the attendees of the Canadian Transformers Collectors Convention.

You can order the 2011 exclusive toy Stronghold along with tickets to the convention online for TFcon 2011 via this link.
TFcon - Canada's 10th Annual Transformers Collectors Convention is July 30th and 31st, 2011 at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre in Mississauga, Ontario with free parking. You can book your hotel room for TFcon 2011 via the hotel reservation website.

TMIIWonkoNemises 05-29-2011 10:56 PM

Re: Transformers voice actor Garry Chalk to attend TFcon 2011

And now I complete my list for the top three Beast Wars Voice Actors I needed to meet before turning 30...you boys would really impress me if you get the rest of the cast ;)

UltraPrimal 05-29-2011 11:02 PM

:bow: :clapping: :highfive::clapping::bow:
:raisetheroof:FUCK YEAH!!:raisetheroof:

Gary Chalk was at the first TFcon I went to, 2006(?) I think, but I was only there for a couple hours and didn't get a chance to see him. :( This will be my chance to make up for that. :D Plus, Optimus Primal is my favourite Optimus. Thus why I took his name. ;)

Super_Megatron 05-29-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 342039)

Gary Chalk was at the first TFcon I went to, 2006(?) I think, but I was only there for a couple hours and didn't get a chance to see him. :( This will be my chance to make up for that.

It was the year 2005.

Dragon Knight 05-29-2011 11:09 PM

Please let the second VA be Scott Mcniel! :raisetheroof:

UltraPrimal 05-29-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 342041)
It was the year 2005.

Ah, I was close.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Knight (Post 342042)
Please let the second VA be Scott Mcniel! :raisetheroof:

Oh, man! Then all we'd need is to get David Kaye back again this year and we'd have the whole damn cast of BW!:D

Ninjatron 05-29-2011 11:28 PM

We all love uncle Gary, for he is both Trukk and munky.

Sayonara.

Matrix_Holder 05-29-2011 11:31 PM

This is awesome news! He is the :primelaugh: that I have been wanting to meet and get his sig!
This is FREEKIN AWESOME! He is the best :primelaugh: IMO!

Ultra Maverick 05-29-2011 11:50 PM

Great news, this year's TFcon just keeps getting better and better!

FreedomGundam 05-30-2011 12:03 AM

This news kicks ass.
Can't wait to get him to sign the other half of the TRU BW Reborn set that I got David Kaye to sign last year.

Malwave 05-30-2011 12:13 AM

I'm so fucking happy right now :D!!!!

Cpl. Chrissandwich 05-30-2011 12:59 AM

Has Peter Cullen attended TFcon? Ive never been to one myself so I dont know.

Robimus 05-30-2011 01:07 AM

Well thats just Prime! Awesome guest.:siren:

renegade_decepticon 05-30-2011 02:33 AM

WOW OMG! *Jumps up for joy!* :D

pulsedragon20 05-30-2011 06:26 AM

Yay, I've always wanted to meet him!!!

TMIIWonkoNemises 05-30-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 342044)
Ah, I was close.

Oh, man! Then all we'd need is to get David Kaye back again this year and we'd have the whole damn cast of BW!:D

3/18 Voice Actors....I don't really see it as the whole cast,but they are the top of the chain.

But I am all forward if we got Scott McNeil as the next guest.I didn't spend enough time with him back in FanExpo 2009.

Mumps 05-30-2011 09:24 AM

Gary Chalk is a super awesome guy to have at any con. I met him last year at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. I was chatting with him while Scott McNeil was hogging all the fangirls and fanboys in his lineup on the other side of the aisle :p

TMIIWonkoNemises 05-30-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumps (Post 342097)
Gary Chalk is a super awesome guy to have at any con. I met him last year at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. I was chatting with him while Scott McNeil was hogging all the fangirls and fanboys in his lineup on the other side of the aisle :p

That seems a little unfair,those girls should also be going nuts for Garry.How can you not resist such a voice,especially when he sings?

Which I would like to make a suggestion for any TFCon Staff reading this.Since I recall Garry playing the guitar and whatnot,wouldn't it be a swell idea to actually have a segment where he performs for us,if he permits us of course?

tusko 05-30-2011 09:38 AM

Great line up.
Congratulations to the organizers! Great job!

Mumps 05-30-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises (Post 342098)
That seems a little unfair,those girls should also be going nuts for Garry.How can you not resist such a voice,especially when he sings?

Well, to be fair, Calgary has an abnormally large population of Anime super-fangirls, who probably have never even watched something with Gary in it :p

TMIIWonkoNemises 05-30-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumps (Post 342104)
Well, to be fair, Calgary has an abnormally large population of Anime super-fangirls, who probably have never even watched something with Gary in it :p

That's just sad...I used to be one of those but I still know of Garry's name...though,to be fair,Beast Wars and ReBoot were the only prelay shows I watched aside from Anime back then :o

Cliffjumper69 05-30-2011 11:38 AM

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Mumps 05-30-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises (Post 342117)
That's just sad...I used to be one of those but I still know of Garry's name...though,to be fair,Beast Wars and ReBoot were the only prelay shows I watched aside from Anime back then :o

Well, any raging Fangirl who even aknowlegdes Western Animation as being cool is LEAGUES above any of the fangirls we got in my city, who can't watch anything that isn't animated in Japan...

But yes, Gary, can't wait to meet him again! Super-awesome guy, who definitely has huge respect for his fans.

Super_Megatron 05-30-2011 04:23 PM

All fans of Garry Chalk should check him out in AMC's The Killing as Lt. Michael Oakes.

TMIIWonkoNemises 05-30-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumps (Post 342177)
Well, any raging Fangirl who even aknowlegdes Western Animation as being cool is LEAGUES above any of the fangirls we got in my city, who can't watch anything that isn't animated in Japan...

But yes, Gary, can't wait to meet him again! Super-awesome guy, who definitely has huge respect for his fans.

Oh true,but it is Beast Wars that got me back on the Western animation after the supposed decline of Anime on YTV (I still watch some Anime now and then,but I seem to have grown to close to prelay and CG animation lately)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 342222)
All fans of Garry Chalk should check him out in AMC's The Killing as Lt. Michael Oakes.

It's on my 'To See' list

Autovolt 127 05-30-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 342222)

I'l have to check that show out now.

I wish i was going to Botcon, *sigh* maybe next year.

Garry Chalk is my Optimus as i grew up with Beast Wars, Armada and Cybertron. He has such a amazing voice that just inspires good.

JLvatron 05-30-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 342259)
Garry Chalk is my Optimus as i grew up with Beast Wars, Armada and Cybertron. He has such a amazing voice that just inspires good.

Very much! :)

Janitor 06-08-2011 10:13 PM

Just caught the latest Obscurus Lupa: Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., a movie that featuring none other than...Garry Chalk!

Enjoy!

Nomad 06-10-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 342259)

Well, he was a lead guardian, after all. :)