Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   eBay Global Shipping Policy is Scrap! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=60593)

DuG 08-11-2015 06:13 PM

eBay Global Shipping Policy is Scrap!

I purchased a Generations legends class Megatron off of eBay and was shocked to find that the backing card had been cut around the bubble pack to make it fit into a small box.

I contacted the seller to enquiry about this issue and was informed that they did not cut the backing card.

This has led me to believe that the eBay Global Shipping Program is responsible for the destruction of my item's packaging as they have put a sticker on the box stating that it was resealed by them.

Last week I recieved an item from eBay for a friend and it was clearly obvious that the Global Shipping Program had opened the item as they terribly resealed the plastic shipping bag with packing tape.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with eBay's Global Shipping Program?

python 08-11-2015 06:22 PM

Re: eBay Global Shipping Policy is Scrap!

Try VERY hard to not use it or support the sellers who do.

When I have had to to get it, the only issue I had was lack of tracking visibility. The items came in expected condition in what I assumed were the shipper's boxes. (Both a little larger than really needed and with different packing materials)

Einstein 08-11-2015 06:38 PM

I have never bought from a seller who uses it and I refuse to do so, it is merely a way for ebay to profit off of Canadian buyers

Goaliebot 08-11-2015 06:46 PM

The title got my hopes up that it had been scrapped at last.

I won't buy from anyone using it. Period.

Megatron75 08-11-2015 07:00 PM

I generally avoid it. I have read that they (Pitney Bowes) sometimes repacks items into smaller boxes and reduce protective packing materials in order to save on (their own) shipping fees. I have never heard of them actually cutting the packaging of a brand new purchased itself to make it fit into a smaller box. Wow...one more reason for me not to support that program.

Was the item left on your doorstep as well where anyone could walk away with it? They did that to me the one time I bought an item on eBay listed with shipping under the Global Shipping Program.

Pgianos 08-11-2015 07:22 PM

Do not support the global shipping program!

ironclaugh 08-11-2015 07:39 PM

I hate it so much. I do my best to avoid it and inform people who sell under it. I've had 4 or 5 people say that they had no idea how bad it was. A few have even reposted stuff for me.

The shipping fees are increased so much and paying import fees upfront on things tou would never get charged customs on. Ugh+

alternatorfan 08-11-2015 07:47 PM

Egay is retarded!!!
Period! !!

justprime 08-11-2015 08:05 PM

The system is rediculous in its charges I generally e mail seller to work around this charge as for your altered card put a claim in to ebay and state what you are sure happened and try to get reimbursement there system they are responsible for this

Bruticus82 08-11-2015 08:12 PM

The charges are typically insane, and accordingly I have only ever purchased one item using the Global Shipping Policy - in that case for whatever reason the price was minimal - and they managed to mix up my package with someone else's (both coming from the same seller).

I avoid it at all costs.