Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Transformers Go! combiners (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=46656)

FEZaid 04-23-2013 02:09 AM

Transformers Go! combiners

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Over Twitter, GeneralTekno pointed out Robot Kingdom has leaked images of Takara Transformers Go! (Exclusive to them, so far). The combiner figures consist of three: G-03 Ganoh Samurai (Firetruck), G-01 Kenzan Samurai (police car), and G-02 Jinbu Samurai (a jet).

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attac...9&d=1366697052

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attac...0&d=1366697052

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...tttgg02-1-.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...44834814_n.jpg

skrilla 88 04-23-2013 04:15 AM

Re: Transformers Go! combiners

Are those combiners new mold or retools of older mold? That fire truck guy looks like the Inferno mold from Energon or Amada.

Matrix_Holder 04-23-2013 04:20 AM

no, inferno had a better bot mode.

FEZaid 04-23-2013 04:37 AM

It looks like Takara's way of making PCC

xueyue2 04-23-2013 09:44 AM

the first 3 can combine into a big robot or something?

Pascal 04-23-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skrilla 88 (Post 503684)
Are those combiners new mold or retools of older mold? That fire truck guy looks like the Inferno mold from Energon or Amada.

All new, and nothing to do with PCC. More like RID Railracer meets Energon, since the trio can do 3 different robots.

Scrapper6 04-23-2013 09:57 AM

Whatever it is looks like something worth importing, I mean it has a better look to it than most of those cow-catching Autobots.

astrana 04-23-2013 10:10 AM

looks like geta robo to me

The 12th Prime 04-23-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 503701)
Whatever it is looks like something worth importing, I mean it has a better look to it than most of those cow-catching Autobots.

As long as those Autobots make some hamburgers, it's all good! :rofl:

wedge1021 04-23-2013 08:35 PM

They're available at Automaton right now, $163 for all three together.
I'd have to see some better photos for these...

Scrapper6 04-24-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge1021 (Post 503858)
They're available at Automaton right now, $163 for all three together.
I'd have to see some better photos for these...

Wow, I know the prices of deluxes imported from Japan usually run you 50$ a piece, but 163$ in total for three figures seems like... Well a fairly high price for deluxe figures, I remember a time it only cost 30$ for deluxe imports and I thought that was insanely high, ah good ol' Unicron Trilogy days. How I miss them.

Looks like I may have to save up some more money again, depends on when these are supposed to come out, is it sooner or in the Fall?

FreedomGundam 04-24-2013 08:27 AM

Surprisingly, I may actually be interested in these.

Based on the VERY blurry pictures up front, they appear to have a very Japanese-y Brave-ish look to them, and the triple-robot-mode makes me think of Aquarion (some other anime mech, for those who are unfamiliar).

mcmus 04-24-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 503699)
All new, and nothing to do with PCC. More like RID Railracer meets Energon, since the trio can do 3 different robots.

Totally agree, it reminds me of Energon when I first saw the pictures.:doh:

down_shift 04-24-2013 10:01 AM

Looks a little too... Power Rangery for my tastes.

Pascal 04-24-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 503950)
Wow, I know the prices of deluxes imported from Japan usually run you 50$ a piece, but 163$ in total for three figures seems like... Well a fairly high price for deluxe figures, I remember a time it only cost 30$ for deluxe imports and I thought that was insanely high, ah good ol' Unicron Trilogy days. How I miss them.

Takara deluxes cost about $22-23 plus shipping right now. Also, these are more expensive because they're bigger and at least one has electronics.

Vain 04-24-2013 10:46 AM

Looks ridiculous, some crazy sentai stuff going on here.

canprime 04-24-2013 12:01 PM

At Takara Import prices? Easy pass.

If released at retail in Canada? Maybe, but I need to see better pics.

Commandoclone87 04-24-2013 02:07 PM

If they come to NA, maybe the jet one. Definitely skipping the car and firetruck.

Slayback 04-24-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 503989)
At Takara Import prices? Easy pass.

If released at retail in Canada? Maybe, but I need to see better pics.

Pfft... you'll get them :P

SB

UltraPrimal 04-25-2013 12:25 AM

Hmm. After taking a closer look at the images, it looks like these guys combine by stacking on top of each other. And they all share some very similar design elements in their robots that are probably there to accommodate their triple combiner gimmick. Not their thick, long legs that go all the way up to their chests and torso that are mostly look squashed flat. And they do look very reminiscent of the old Energon combiners, although with 3 robots now instead of just 2. I wouldn't be surprised if they even use the same, if not similar, combining port.

I probably won't bother to pick these up, but I'll be very interested in seeing how they work when they come out.

Actually, just thinking about it. I can't imagine it wouldn't take a great deal of work to customize these 3 into a post-G1/pre-BW Magnaboss(Prowl, Ironhide, and Silverbolt).

Dragon Knight 04-25-2013 12:42 AM

Liking these designs….nooooot liking the final price.

They remind me of something out of a Brave series, and I would like to find out more about these dudes…oh well, they'll be a possible TFCon purchase if nothing else.

FEZaid 04-25-2013 12:52 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BItjCGvCcAAAIa6.jpg:large
Seems Takara is jumping into the "Power Rangers" band wagon.

Slayback 04-25-2013 02:12 PM

I'm not understanding what you're alluding to when you say Power Rangers. These guy change into 3 different robots and combine into 3 different robos. Wasn't Power Rangers only 1?
Maybe you mean Getter Robo. Takara is using some Getter Robo ideas as opposed to PRangers.

FEZaid 04-25-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayback (Post 504217)
I'm not understanding what you're alluding to when you say Power Rangers. These guy change into 3 different robots and combine into 3 different robos. Wasn't Power Rangers only 1?
Maybe you mean Getter Robo. Takara is using some Getter Robo ideas as opposed to PRangers.

I'm talking about the combination look and style, 3 primary colored machines each tasked a body part. Take out the indivitual robot forms and they are literally Power Rangers. To be honest I don't know much about Japanese robot culture.

thebobkat 04-25-2013 02:50 PM

To me, the aesthetic is closer to Brave or Gundam.

FreedomGundam 04-25-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEZaid (Post 504223)
I'm talking about the combination look and style, 3 primary colored machines each tasked a body part. Take out the indivitual robot forms and they are literally Power Rangers. To be honest I don't know much about Japanese robot culture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 504229)
To me, the aesthetic is closer to Brave or Gundam.

They definitely have a very Brave-like design. The bright colors, big beefy arms and legs, the HUGE forehead crests.

Gundam, not so much.

I can see why some would say there's a Sentai-feel to it; the large blocks of mis-matching primary colors is probably the biggest contributor to that perspective. However, that's more or less it; design-wise, there's very little resemblance, if any at all, to Sentai mechs.

Dragon Knight 04-25-2013 03:26 PM

Looks like Transformers Energon all over again.

Rodimus Prime1 04-25-2013 03:39 PM

Yeah I can see all these design elements in these.
( Power Ranger, Gundam, TF Energon the way they combine if they stack combine. Not familiar with Brave, Sorry

Would like to see better pics and info first, this would stop me from buying them or pre-ordering.

I know they like to tease with leaked shots, but only before pre-order please.