Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Transformers Armada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=66787)

Yonoid 12-15-2016 12:05 AM

Transformers Armada

So I'm watching this for the first time.. around 11 episodes in.

So far it's been pretty dull, does it get any better or is it the same in later episodes?

RNSrobot 12-15-2016 12:31 AM

Re: Transformers Armada

It gets better later. When Unicron becomes a thing. Pretty mundane pokehunt until then.

Just... Never watch energon.

Roadhammer 12-15-2016 12:31 AM

I've never seen Armada myself, but I understand it gets better around the halfway mark when Unicron shows up. Unlike Energon, which remained consistently shit throughout its entire run.

bubbacon 12-15-2016 09:31 AM

It's pretty dull. As the other guys said there is SOME interest given when Unicorn arrives. The kids are so annoying.
Then there is Energon. It's even duller and the main human character (kicker) will make you want to reach through the TV screen and strangle him.
Cybertron is easily the best of the Unicorn trilogy. They call it a trilogy but Cybertron is separate from Armada and Energon continuity wise.

Yonoid 12-15-2016 10:35 AM

So sounds like I can skip armada and energon and not miss much of the storyline? I'm not evening enjoying it one bit

PrimalEnvy 12-15-2016 02:08 PM

All 3 series are mostly separate, yes. Energon starts off after Armada, but Cybertron's unique, plot wise.

Roadhammer 12-15-2016 03:15 PM

So, what happened with Cybertron was that in Japan, the two series that preceded it, Micron Densetsu and Superlink (what we call Armada and Energon) were indeed intended as a duology, with Superlink picking up after Micron Densetsu. But the show that followed Superlink, Galaxy Force, was intended to be a completely separate continuity from the first two. This was the result of some crossed wires between Hasbro (who wanted a trilogy) and Takara.

So when it came time to dub Galaxy Force into Cybertron, a few half-hearted attempts were made to tie it into the same continuity as Armada and Energon, mostly at the insistence of (or to please) Aaron Archer, who was in charge of Hasbro's Transformers at the time. Aside from slapping names of Armada/Energon characters onto some of the Galaxy Force cast to pass them off as returning characters, (which mostly work) the other references are rare and can pretty easily be ignored. The biggest thing it amounts to is the human kids (now all growed up) from Armada and Kicker (the aforesaid Energon guy, now sporting a sweet-ass mullet) show up during an ending montage in the final episode. Cybertron tells a pretty self-contained story, although the Transformers Club got a lot of mileage out of the "Unicron Singularity" (the black hole that's causing all of the trouble in the series) to muck about with the Transformers multiverse (none of which makes it into the series proper).

Team Jetfire 12-15-2016 04:05 PM

Given the current show that we have, Armada is actually pretty good in comparison

Energon almost killed Transformers for me and Cybertron is certianlly one of the best.

Pascal 12-15-2016 04:53 PM

I just remembered that I've never watched Armada in full. I need to fix that! I didn't mind Energon (loved the transformation sequences), but I liked Cybertron better.

Protoman 12-15-2016 05:46 PM

Watch Transformers Micron Densetsu (The Japanese version of Armada)

Better animation, better music in some scenes (It's a long story)

The subtitled episodes are out there.