Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Missed opportunities (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=48633)

Pascal 07-29-2013 11:38 AM

Missed opportunities

I could have had that MIB DX Turboman for only $200, but decided to pass on it when another guy came in to offer $300. I later overheard him backing out of the deal, but when I came back a couple minutes later to finally buy it, the toy was gone. I'll be kicking myself for a long time over that one.

Any missed opportunities for you guys?

brr-icy 07-29-2013 11:49 AM

Re: Missed opportunities

got everything i wanted minus Sixknight, but he will be mine soon lol

Swalloweddark 07-29-2013 12:12 PM

MP Hasbro ver. Soundwave. One Dealer had him with Acid Storm but I wasn't paying $250 for him. I can get the Takara ver. for that. Thats okay because it will give me more reason to start hunting again in the US for him at a MUCH better price.

It wa slike the Platium Series. I saw a Dealer that had the Ultra Magus for $100 o_O He's $50-$60 in store. PLUS you can just wait until a sale goe son and probably get him for $30-$40 which I did.

And Universe Prowl T_T I was sad not to see alot of Universe/Generations this year. Last year they were everywhere but this year everyone had BH and the 30th Anniversary generations. And I got those all in the US much cheaper than Dealer prices. I feel sorry for anyone who bought any. :(

mcmus 07-29-2013 12:25 PM

Yeah, I don't really understand the Platium Ultra Magus $100 price tag too.:confused:

Knockout 07-29-2013 12:29 PM

Webarella. I wasn't paying $150 for her. Thats utterly ridiculous. Universe Sideswipe, wasn't alot of dealers with him this year. MP Soundwave (Hasbro). I overheard a dealer say he sold out of them before the show started. :/
$100 bucks for a figure available in Canada at $75 annnnnnd is just a repaint of weaponizer OP.....I pity tah fool who brought him for that price in the DR.

Pascal 07-29-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swalloweddark (Post 523850)
It wa slike the Platium Series. I saw a Dealer that had the Ultra Magus for $100 o_O He's $50-$60 in store.

I thought he was $70 plus taxes? At least on TRU.ca.

Swalloweddark 07-29-2013 12:31 PM

I REALLY hope all the con goers I spoke to took my advice to just go on Amazon or take a trip to the US to save their money. :/ Even in stores in Canada when a sale is on is cheaper than those Dealer Prices.

I saw alot of people Buying Blitzwing. Springer, BH Ultra Magnus at prices form $40-$60 and I cried. I feel so bad for them. I caught a couple and veered them away. THEY ARE NOT WORTH THAT MUCH. I got my Springer and Blizwing both for $20 on Amazon since I got tired of waiting for BBTS from February to get theirs in. And I got Sandstorm and Ultra Magnus BH for $18 in the US.

Mp12-Sideswipe is getting re-released and can be pre-orderrf for $79 do not pay $90-$125 for him :( Please just do some research and not feed the scapler prices.

QuadESL63 07-29-2013 12:42 PM

I thought the dealer room would be closing @ 5:00 pm on Sunday (doh!) and missed the opportunities for a couple of things (e.g. Project X and Z).

Metroplex79 07-29-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swalloweddark (Post 523850)
......And Universe Prowl T_T I was sad not to see alot of Universe/Generations this year. Last year they were everywhere but this year everyone had BH and the 30th Anniversary generations. And I got those all in the US much cheaper than Dealer prices. I feel sorry for anyone who bought any. :(

Yeah, it's hard for us dealers as well. We never truly know what the crowd wanted, other than the exclusives, latest Masterpieces, latest 3rd Party, and latest releases.

I did my best, I had brought:
-RTS Tracks
-RTS Jazz
-Gen Kup
-Gen Wheeljack
-Gen Scourge
-RTS Optimus
-RTS Wreck Gar
-Gen Thundercracker
-Gen Dirge
-RTS Bumblebee
-RTS Lugnut
-HftD Banzai Tron
-RTS Strafe
-RTS Grappel

I sold them at what I consider reasonable prices; deluxes were $15, and voyagers were $25.

I had posted my avatar at my table, some of you stopped by and said hello.

I also had a big pile of G1s in various conditions, also at what I felt were reasonble or cheap prices.

I was totally lost on SUN as to what to bring, as there was no thread on our other board about the show. So I just brought random stuff from random lines. I even had a box of accessories from many toylines, virtually no one asked to look at them, only a personal friend who took some vintage GI Joe bits, 2 attendees, Cheers Ian and Protoman managed to get something from that large box I had, plus another staff member who got my Centurion bits (forgot the name, sorry).

Knockout 07-29-2013 12:58 PM

Not all dealers are like that, the majority of them were fair and reasonable. But there was a few who I think were playing on the desperation and ignorance of attendees. Selling old, out of priced merch at high prices - Makes sense. Selling new, just released, easily found on retail shelves now or will be soon for a lot less at double, triple prices- unrealistic heck even buying a case of them is cheaper then buying just one piece from some of these dealers.