Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave Released at Canadian Retail (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=48820)

Benzo 08-06-2013 08:24 PM

Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave Released at Canadian Retail

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to jigga79 for letting us know that the highly anticipated Toys R Us exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave has been spotted at Canadian retail in British Columbia.

To find this and other Transformers in your area, check out the Canadian Transformers Sightings Forum.

Tarantulas 08-06-2013 08:48 PM

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave Released at Canadian Retail

Awesome news... does this mean they'll be shipping them out to those that ordered online? :clapping:

xueyue2 08-06-2013 09:09 PM

seriously? ............... I thought we need to wait until Dec 31 because of the online order status.

Spleenzorio 08-06-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 526341)
seriously? ............... I thought we need to wait until Dec 31 because of the online order status.

Most places put Dec 31st if they aren't sure of the actual date but know it's coming out before the end of the year :rofl:

Vorahk 08-06-2013 09:12 PM

Oh joy bet you i'll never see that in my tru. I lucked out and found the last mp thundercracker showed in the shelfs above the toys. Alright keeping me eye out.

C Spray 08-06-2013 10:11 PM

Hope I find one before all those Raincheckers swarm in and swap them all up...shakes fist....

Heatbag 08-06-2013 10:35 PM

With only 4 per case and only 2 cases inbound to peg city. I say good luck sir!

sages 08-06-2013 10:39 PM

Let the madness begin :scalper: !!

Isco 08-06-2013 10:44 PM

Heading over tomorrow morning to my TRU and see what happens....not holding out a lot of hope, but we'll see

Bruticus 08-06-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heatbag (Post 526378)

As far as I remember reading, they are packaged 2 per case due to the size of the box, so if your local TRU is getting 2 cases, they are getting 4 units.

zuffyprime 08-06-2013 11:04 PM

aaaaand here we go :)

Knockout 08-06-2013 11:18 PM

I like how there isn't a markup between the US and Canada. Their the same price. Which can make hunting easier since you aren't battling for the cheaper price in the states. There is only a 4 dollar difference after all. Swallowdarkness and I already got ours, so happy hunting~ ( btw I pity anyone who brought the Hasbro version at TFcon for 300 bucks.)

chuskers 08-06-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knockout (Post 526399)
I like how there isn't a markup between the US and Canada. Their the same price. Which can make hunting easier since you aren't battling for the cheaper price in the states. There is only a 4 dollar difference after all. Swallowdarkness and I already got ours, so happy hunting~ ( btw I pity anyone who brought the Hasbro version at TFcon for 300 bucks.)

lol about the 300 soundwave, that would have me but i got to the booth 5 mins too late ... lucky me :)

F4l4nx 08-07-2013 12:12 AM

I know some of you are gonna hate me when I say this, but at my local tru, I saw mp prime and mp tc multiple times. Just not in a city that goes crazy for them. I own Takara mp soundwave and am not interested in the Hasbro version. That being said, if I see them and buy a few for you guys, will I have takers? I'm not interested in making money as long.as I'm reimbursed fully. I'll check my tru in the next few days and try to help some of you out.

Pascal 08-07-2013 12:20 AM

That was quick! Glad for you guys!

Jeem 08-07-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F4l4nx (Post 526408)
I know some of you are gonna hate me when I say this, but at my local tru, I saw mp prime and mp tc multiple times. Just not in a city that goes crazy for them. I own Takara mp soundwave and am not interested in the Hasbro version. That being said, if I see them and buy a few for you guys, will I have takers? I'm not interested in making money as long.as I'm reimbursed fully. I'll check my tru in the next few days and try to help some of you out.

I'd drive down to Lethbridge.. totally forgot you guys had a TRU...

primustf 08-07-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F4l4nx (Post 526408)

I remember when MP OP came. I went to TRU everyday after the initial sightings until I found him. I know we got more TC then OP, but I only remember OP being restocked once.
If you happen to find an extra one I would be interested in buying it. I was planning on picking up a few if I could for people that might not have easy access to him.

Luo 08-07-2013 01:12 AM

I'd gladly buy MP soundwave off anyone who has any extra, but will try to hunt him down myself in the mean time.

isherlock 08-07-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heatbag (Post 526378)

its only 2 per case. pretty huge box

pandaprime 08-07-2013 02:20 AM

this post from another thread seemed important enough to copy here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by isherlock (Post 526416)
my friend lives in coquitlam and this morning his daughter woke him up early morning so he took her to the TRU there to play, thats when he saw the MP soundwave. he was the first person to buy it at the opening and there were total of four soundwaves, not 2. anyways he then went to doll section with his daughter and half hour later when he came back to service desk the remaining three were gone and the staff was about the trash one of the shipping boxes so he asked for it. on the box the control number says XX out of 600, so basically this shipment had total of 1200 soundwaves (2 per box)

Grayfox 08-07-2013 03:15 AM

I'm definitely interested in buying someone's extra MP Soundwave as well. I'd definitely look for it myself, buuuuuuut TRU stores in Quebec won't carry them (or that's what the TRU listing said, at least).

F4l4nx 08-07-2013 07:29 AM

To clarify, as I received many pms since my post. There isn't any mp primes or thundercrackers at my tru any more, however I did go there three times over three weeks and saw them both all three times (at least one of each), and if I'm lucky enough to come across some soundwaves or acidstorms, I will get what I can to help.

Darth Cylon 08-07-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 526418)
this post from another thread seemed important enough to copy here:

That was from the same guy who tried to scalp some 5 MP Prime for about $250 each on Vancouver Craigslist last year, generated a lot of bitching among us, and then he signed up here to troll us. I wouldn't trust one thing he said. Maybe he has a few MP Soundwave to be put up on CL for $300 each.

jjwankenobi 08-08-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Cylon (Post 526437)
That was from the same guy who tried to scalp some 5 MP Prime for about $250 each on Vancouver Craigslist last year, generated a lot of bitching among us, and then he signed up here to troll us. I wouldn't trust one thing he said. Maybe he has a few MP Soundwave to be put up on CL for $300 each.

(sha)Booya!

Darth Cylon 08-08-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 527007)
(sha)Booya!

(i)sherlock

dualhares 08-08-2013 07:00 PM

Got one from TRU in Winnipeg today

Nomad 08-08-2013 08:52 PM

Gonna hit up TRU at some point this weekend hah

laffy 08-08-2013 09:13 PM

trying to move the coupon stuff away from the onatrio sightings

laffy 08-08-2013 09:18 PM

all who used the baby10 code should redo thier pre orders .
with all the changes on the site and limitations now tru just may cancel your order... if you read the fine print they can and likey do it....

The7thParallel 08-08-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 527151)
all who used the baby10 code should redo thier pre orders .
with all the changes on the site and limitations now tru just may cancel your order... if you read the fine print they can and likey do it....

If you have some concrete proof that TRU is going to take the extreme measure of cancelling dozens of orders placed in good faith, please share it! Otherwise, people should take this with a grain of salt.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, laffy. Your speculation/info that you've shared lately has been quite helpful, but you have to understand skepticism on an anonymous message board forum from members who don't have access to your sources or information. You might be 100% legit, but your reluctance to be clear is what's causing hesitation from some.

I have no desire to NOT trust you, but I have no reason to blindly accept what you're saying. I'd very much like to take your word! Anyone with solid info is a HUGE help around here especially for people who are as passionate about our hobby as we are.

The joke will be on me and many others if our orders are cancelled and you can 'laffy' at us as we sit with no new figure.

Please understand that this post is not meant to be rude or disrespectful to you in any way.

Autobot_Orion 08-08-2013 09:57 PM

are there any nice Ontario board members?

Autobot_Orion 08-08-2013 10:01 PM

chill out number 7 , I like the impending doom prediction laffy made about preorders and the coupons fiasco. lol

laffy 08-08-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobot_Orion (Post 527166)
are there any nice Ontario board members? lol

NO there are only a few who like to pick on others that know more then them... funny that a memeber has the nerve to be little me... anyway i really dont care and we will see where things lead with mp soundwave.... :canada:

Masta_Skidz 08-08-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

There are a bunch of great ontario members I know I have met them personally :raisetheroof:

laffy 08-08-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobot_Orion (Post 527167)
chill out number 7 , I like the impending doom prediction laffy made about preorders and the coupons fiasco. lol

thanks but just to make things clear...

1: using "baby10" is wrong and under the terms on tru.ca they have the right to delete your order..
if your order goes though great :) happy

2: the 25% off should be alowed but with all the bs brought on by members tru is trying to get a hold of this problem....

3: if mp sound wave does not ship till after aug 31 or in stores it is like what i said earler tru is holding back stock till than due to the 25 % off ...:bow:

Autobot_Orion 08-08-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 527169)
NO there are only a few who like to pick on others that know more then them... funny that a memeber has the nerve to be little me... anyway i really dont care and we will see where things lead with mp soundwave.... :canada:

I know what you mean, some take there arguments a little far and resort to name calling or cut/paste arguement that are not there own. Nobody wins on online arguements ever but it fairly obvious when someone has no idea what their talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz (Post 527170)
There are a bunch of great ontario members I know I have met them personally :raisetheroof:

Well I have yet to meet any. :canada:

Autobot_Orion 08-08-2013 10:17 PM

I just hope they honor the preorders, people that cancel the order, than risk not getting an MP. Like being first inline than going to the back. They may only honor the orders placed first.

The7thParallel 08-08-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 527174)
thanks but just to make things clear...

1: using "baby10" is wrong and under the terms on tru.ca they have the right to delete your order..
if your order goes though great :) happy

2: the 25% off should be alowed but with all the bs brought on by members tru is trying to get a hold of this problem....

3: if mp sound wave does not ship till after aug 31 or in stores it is like what i said earler tru is holding back stock till than due to the 25 % off ...:bow:

That all seems logical! That's all I was asking for was clarity on what you were saying or where you were getting your info.

THANK YOU.

Though I do wonder if this is a big enough issue for a company like Toys 'R Us. Given the volume of business they do in a single day, I'd be surprised if they were overly concerned about a single item. Even with coupons, the store will not lose money on the figure.

Or it could be that they want every last dollar. As long as people get their Soundwaves, even if they have to wait another three or four weeks, is all that really matters anyway. In two months, people will be moving on to the next feeding frenzy.

I just want Hasbro to say definitively one way or the other what they're doing with the MP cars!

Autobot_Orion 08-08-2013 10:21 PM

laffy MP Soundwave is already at toyrus in BC, it is getting shipped.

CobraCommander 08-08-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Yes there is... now stay out of the Ontario Sightings thread and go back to where ever this "Edmonton" place may be :D